• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So happy! Just bought my dream car - 1995 JDM NSX-R (or Type R) 25k miles

So... I AM SUPER STOKED....

I'm not going to go all into the details, but as a Honda fan since I was a kid growing up in Minnesota - the NSX was the supercar I always wanted. Of course I had posters of Ferraris, Porsches and Lambos - but given everyone around me was hating on Japanese cars in the 80s/90s - I rooted for the underdog. As an F1/Senna fan my heart was deeply into the NSX. I new that at one point in my life I wanted to own what I think is the ultimate NSX - the NSX-R. NA1 does it for me - I'm a popup light fan. But as we know getting one is hard. I tried for 6 months with multiple brokers to find what I think is the best spec for me - 1995 Championship White, Red Seats, and the White 7 spoke wheels. When my brokers did find it - they were asking 500k and above... before they would even ship from Japan. The BAT auction had a green one - but I don't view that as an iconic NSXR color - I wanted the color that Senna was heel/toe'ing in his white socks and loafers. Anyways, a friend of mine, I remember had one in the states. So I asked him if he had a contact to help me find one. Low and behold, he was selling his. He was going to put on BAT, but given I was local, given he knew ho wmuch I loved the NSX, we did the sale... and now I'm a proud owner of an NSX-R. I've owned many cars in my life, but this is a keeper - unless financial calamity hits - I would sell my other forever car first - my Mexico Blue roof-scooped 675LT. The car is pristine with 25k miles. Great records. Clean CARVX.

Also shout out to Ryu who I messaged a lot during the process and kept me level headed. And the multiple NSX-R threads here. Very helpful.

So here are the pics!

NSXR Side 34.jpgNSXR Side 2.jpgNSXR Side.jpgNSXR Interior.jpgNSXR Wheel.jpgNSXR Rear.jpgNSXR Front 2.jpgNSXR3.jpgNSXR Rear 2.jpg

That is my perfect NSX. Congrats and enjoy in good health!

welcome , awesome purchase..

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm over the moon.

As for comparison to the 91... well apart from the test drive haven't had much time to drive it yet. I'm waiting for the paint prep, PPF and ceramic coat. I'm also excited to take it to the track. I did track my 1991 15k mile NSX - and found it to be just as advertised - incredible analog feel, direct but not edgy steering and handling, and the snap oversteer issue (I did spin it entering the carousel at Sonoma Raceway).

At least on the test drive - it feels just more raw and more connected, and light on its feet with more urgency likely owing to the gearing. It's not too unlike my 675LT vs. the 650s - it's just more raw, more connected, more noise, all the while being more nuanced and sophisticated if that makes any sense.

What an amazing score! Congrats!

Be prepared to be peppered with questions about the little "R" things we've always wondered about but could never confirm since we didn't have access to one... :)

Just getting a white 95 NSX in that condition would be worthy of celebration on it's own, but this is a whole other level. Would love a follow up on how it feels to the other NA1 you owned. It's also hilarious to me that this is the last post in your build thread:

1670347210770.png

What an amazing score! Congrats!

Be prepared to be peppered with questions about the little "R" things we've always wondered about but could never confirm since we didn't have access to one... :)

Will try to do my best!

Just getting a white 95 NSX in that condition would be worthy of celebration on it's own, but this is a whole other level. Would love a follow up on how it feels to the other NA1 you owned. It's also hilarious to me that this is the last post in your build thread:

View attachment 175986

Yeah, see what had happened was... I got super busy with life. I'm a cardiac surgeon... and specialize in something called mechanical circulatory support - I like to call it forced induction for the heart. While I love what I do - I'm on call basically every other week. Add that to my higher position in the physician group as I got older, and my responsibilities climbed exponentially. Add to that the COVID crisis and I was working non stop. So now things have calmed down, I actually have time to breathe and enjoy the thing that relieves my stress. Hope that explains that.

As for Resuka Design and the NSX - now that I have more time, I'm looking at still building a "restomod" NSX that whatever that means. But for now, I'm gonna just enjoy this R. I love it.

are you a lefty:p

The left-handed shifting isn't really much to get used to, but if it has the turn signal stalk on the right like on our Acty......not hitting the wipers when signalling a left turn has been a bigger challenge ;^D

That car is totally drool-worthy, and I agree about the white vs. green. Sounds like you've earned it--congrats!

Back