• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Something everyone needs. Radiator shield, rock and debris protection. Closeout price

What would be really cool would be a radiator grill that attaches to the front bumper holes where air passes to the radiator. This would hide the horn and other stuff that really isn't very attractive for the front end of an exotic.

There are shields made for C6 Corvettes that look awesome and serve a useful purpose.

Here is a link to the Corvette grills.

http://www.corvettemods.com/C6-Corvette-Stainless-Front-Grille-Mesh_p_5159.html

Would you ever consider making one for the NSX??? Probably a big seller!
Those things are so tacky, along w/ these types of grilles http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1475/yhst5869238810629519472bx8.jpg

I am talking about a grill that goes behind the bumper....not one that goes in front of it. So all you would see is the mesh screen as opposed to the two horns, a/c fittings, etc. A one piece grill is all it would take to slip behind the bumper.

Here is a much better example on a Corvette. This is one piece of screen that simply slides into place behind the bumper. (Note: the black plastic pieces in front of this grill are actually part of the front bumper, not the grill.)

Last edited:
I am talking about a grill that goes behind the bumper....not one that goes in front of it. So all you would see is the mesh screen as opposed to the two horns, a/c fittings, etc. A one piece grill is all it would take to slip behind the bumper.

Here is a much better example on a Corvette. This is one piece of screen that simply slides into place behind the bumper. (Note: the black plastic pieces in front of this grill are actually part of the front bumper, not the grill.)

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1167625&postcount=8

:wink:

Happy New Year everyone!
I do not have condenser shields, but I will look into making some and let everyone know next week. Looks like Hrant has the mesh bumper insert available for anyone asking about that.

Thanks to everyone for the orders and great feedback.

Will

Will, I just purchased the mesh which came in something like 2'x4' and had the body shop fit it - since it involved taking the bumper, cutting the cross bar, moving a few parts ..... instead of perhaps using push pins to secure it from the sides and the top of the opening, they wrapped around the back of the mouth and glued it.

And for all the others, yes the radiator shields works great. I used mine for years until I opted for this more open option primarily for track also to refresh the look; which still doesn't exclude using the shield.

As for the AC shields, definitely, those get damaged/clogged quicker than the radiator!

I'd be all over a grill that slides behind the front bumper openings. I hate seeing the horns and other stuff down there!

+1

Just paint everything, flat black, that is noticeable.

+1 to painting horns and such flat black

Rob, I can fab something up for you if there is beer involved, it should be flat black IMO otherwise it would look dumb as hell

-

Cantrell - I want one of those if your offer is still available -- pm me

Last edited:
Grill material installed in the bumper opening is really more of a DIY project since parts of the bumper are in the way and may need trimming, also there is no practical mounting point, it would need to be fitted and glued. I would suggest getting a piece of expanded metal of your choice at Home Depot or the local metal supply.

Update, shields are shipping.
I should be able to put together some condenser shields by next week. I'll keep everyone updated.
I also added shipping cost for are Canadians friends :wink:

Here is another option if you really want a mesh in the bumper opening.

Attachments

• nsx18.jpg
    nsx18.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Will are you out of the CC business? I need another lip if Angus can't fix my broken one, SOS no longer has these.

Cantrell Concepts is still in business. Although I can't devote as much time to the automotive market, I try to keep some inventory on hand for most parts and still offer the body parts as special order.

I do have the splitter you need in stock. Feel free to email me for a price with shipping.

Back