• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Stage III or CTSC?

K

Registered Member
does anybody have the stage III kit to campare it to the CTSC? the stage III cost about 8K and the SC cost bout 9k and they both puth about the same power to the wheels, about 330ish. i would think being that the stage III is a 3.3 it will have a better torque curve? so any input on this?

I would probably go with the most reliable and safest solution.

I have gone through stage 2 and have added installed new gearing and final drive. I have been very happy with the results but I would have to remind you that the Stage III pricing you are quoting does not include install, this will add significantly to your cost.

Have you already done intake, header and exhaust? This needs to be done before you do the SOS stages.

Going NA has actually been more expensive than going FI, however the power gained is safer and indeed more consistent as it is NA.

jjeray said:
I have gone through stage 2 and have added installed new gearing and final drive. I have been very happy with the results but I would have to remind you that the Stage III pricing you are quoting does not include install, this will add significantly to your cost.

Have you already done intake, header and exhaust? This needs to be done before you do the SOS stages.

Going NA has actually been more expensive than going FI, however the power gained is safer and indeed more consistent as it is NA.

i didnt know the cost of the stage III didnt include install. what i really want is the FX500, but concerned about longevity of the engine and daily drivablity.

would 95 with CTSC I/H/E be able to run low 12s in the quarter mile?

It's also a lot easier to undo a supercharger if you decide later that you don't want it.

K said:
i didnt know the cost of the stage III didnt include install. what i really want is the FX500, but concerned about longevity of the engine and daily drivablity.

would 95 with CTSC I/H/E be able to run low 12s in the quarter mile?

i htink you can run mid 12s. if ur a good driver you can run low 12s.

jjeray said:
I have been very happy with the results.

Are you still looking for a local dyno? I would love to see what your car is making with the Stage II.

I can probably set something up with the place in Richfield off 175 and get a decent price if we got a group together, say 4-6 cars. I am thinking we could get 2 runs each for around $50-60 per car if you are interested.

I'll give Shaun a call and see if the crew wants to do a dyno day over the next few weeks . . .

Back