• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS Supercharger, My review....

I just finished posting this in the Canadian thread titled Science of Speed Supercharger system and since I've been long overdue for this I figured I should copy it and post it here as well. I purchased and installed my SOS Supercharger in July 2009. All I can say is in my opinion...It's Simply amazing!!!

>>>>
I personally have the SOS Supercharger kit and at some point when I can find the time I wil sit down and write a full review. But let me tell you that it's worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!!!<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
My dealership goes way back with Comptech and now CT-Engineering much like SOS. We are a factory authorized dealer/installer and we've done a countless number of Comptech/CT-Engineering Superchargers, not limited to the NSX but to ALL of the Honda/Acura product lines. Mostly basic set ups, a bunch of high boost kits and a hand full with AEM EMS/FIC upgrades. I was seeking more power and I wanted a larger supercharger so mine was the first to get the 2.1 liter kit that Chris offers at SOS at my dealership. CT-Engineering contacted Chris and set me up with him to purchase the SOS Supercharger kit since it's not CARB approved (All Comptech/CT-Engineering Superchargers are CARB approved) they didn't want to channel it through directly through there company.<O:p></O:p>
Chris of course is awesome to do business with (I also purchased my Volk GT-M wheels and a bunch of other items from him) he is punctual and keeps me up to date with all of my orders. I received my kit and had my Master techs install it immediately because I was so freaking excited. Once installed, I brought it to Carb Connections for the tune. I laid down 404 HP and 383 TQ with a sized down pulley for a little more boost. A week later I added an AEM water/meth injection kit and it increased power by about 10% on a glory run after it was rested for about 45 minutes. My motor is stock (I run an Acura Dealerships Service Department so if I blow my motor I'm not too concerned) and I realize I'm pushing the limits but that's my M.O. <O:p></O:p>
I've had what I'd consider a bit more than average experience with supercharged cars, especially with the NSX considering running my service department. The SOS Supercharger is superior to the Comptech/CT-Engineering kit when it comes to power and acceleration. It's a little more work because of the need to dyno tune but the acceleration and linear power is simply breath taking in comparison!!! Added good news is that I passed Washington State Emissions with flying colors. For the test they connected directly to the ECU OBDII port and I passed with flying colors. My shop is CARB certified so I also had them perform the smog sniff test and it passed that with flying colors as well. <O:p></O:p>
I have never owned an NSX turbo charged car. However I have owned an Integra GS-R with a fully built motor and turbo and it was in a state of constant tweak and maintenance. Most of it was minor but it was still time consuming and a money pit so that's why I decided to go the Supercharger route with my NSX. Plus, it's been a great advertising piece for me and my company at Acura of Lynnwood and it helps promote business for, SOS, and CT-Engineering.<O:p></O:p>
The feel of the SOS Supercharger is far different for the Comptech/CT-Engineering Superchargers. It's quite a bit quicker in acceleration and a lot more torque. Obviously you've got to pay to play so the SOS kit is more money up front plus the tuning costs. The CT-Engineering kit has proved to provide maximum reliability and longevity through the years. So in my conclusion I would highly recommend either kit, but if you're looking for maximum power and torque along with the reliability don't hesitate to get the SOS Supercharger. My next venture will be adding the Laminova Intercooler kit to increase the reliability and longevity factor. <O:p></O:p>
I guess that's my review! I want to personally thank Chris and his team at SOS as well as Nate and his team at CT-Engineering in helping my make my NSX dreams a reality!!!:biggrin:<O:p></O:p>

Last edited:
I My motor is stock (I run an Acura Dealerships Service Department so if I blow my motor I'm not too concerned) and I realize I'm pushing the limits but that's my M.O.

How does that factor in to you being able to push the limits? Are you able to warranty the engine or failed components due to you pushing the limits? Or merely stating that meaning you would get a big discount on buying the parts when they are needed?

No it can't be warranted. Yes I have the benefit of deep discounts on both parts and labor because of my position in the dealership and that is exactly what I meant.

That is awesome.
I'm sure that many others are soon to appreciate the SOS system as much as you are and hopefully will report in as such.
I work for a company that owns multiple dealerships and each a different make. Acura is one of them so I can well relate to the parts price breaks ! Very nice indeed.:biggrin:
Enjoy the fun !!

hi Charles --

Thank you for posting your review! Glad to see you are enjoying the car. Take some picts with the wheels when it's sunny again up there!

cheers,
-- Chris

I vote that we stop waiting around for nice weather and just start driving in the rain and taking pics & video in said rain to represent the pacific NW!

Thanks for the post. I have been trying to decide which Supercharger to go with. SOS seems to be the best overall. It would be nice if they had a sale, might get me to do the install sooner than later. (hint hint) :)

I think I read that the intercooler adds approx 10% more HP? If you have 404 at the wheels... thats not a bad bump!

Jman

Thanks for the post. I have been trying to decide which Supercharger to go with. SOS seems to be the best overall. It would be nice if they had a sale, might get me to do the install sooner than later. (hint hint) :)

I think I read that the intercooler adds approx 10% more HP? If you have 404 at the wheels... thats not a bad bump!

Jman

I'd be interested to see how much power the Lovefab headers which are designed for forced induction cars add:eek:

I will have my car put to test with lovefab header soon. Proberly in next 2 weeks, I will let u know.

3.5 - Do you already have the SOS SC? Ive been told two different stories regarding the headers.

A. Headers only boost a few HP and 15lbs of weight
B. Headers provide more HP only in conjunction with SC or Turbo

I kinda wish we had imperican data to show the headers on the car without and with the SC or Turbo and see how much of an effect it has on the same vehicle in both configurations for a "once and for all" answer to this question.

Jman

We have dyno tested the Cantrell Headers and have shown these gains (cars already had exhausts installed). The cars had base Comptech superchargers at 6 psi.

1991-96 NSX: 32 hp
1997-05 NSX: 18 hp (these cars have better factory exhaust manifolds, but they can still see gains).

thanks,
-- Chris

Iʻm making 470rwhp/330rwtq with E85 @13psi 7900rpm with a dirty K&N filter and worn out cats with shop temps over 85F and the car was heat soaked with IAT at 130F+ with multiple runs.

If I cleaned my air filter and did this in the cold of night winter temps with my open exhaust then 500RWHP doesnʻt seem far fetched.

This would put my in McLaren 570, 458/488, Huracan, NSX 2.0, GT3 RS territory.

To be continued.......

Back