• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoS TT and 3.5L Stroker Build - Long Term Update

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
It's been about and 3 years and 40,000 miles since Charlotte underwent her transformation to a 3.5L TT Science of Speed beast. I'll keep this brief since there really isn't anything to report. The engine has been bulletproof, no issues whatsoever. Since my car was the first one sold to the public after development was completed, Chris found that the fuel pump and associated wires needed to upgraded. He provided this to me for free.

I did go through 2 SoS twin carbon clutches, both failing at exactly 7,000 miles. It was determined that they both had a minor factory defect. I'm currently running a Carbonetic Triple Carbon that has close to 20k miles on it.

The car has retained the characteristics that make it a superb daily driver while possessing the ability to embarrass anything badged with a farm animal. :)

charlotte_highboost.jpg

.....I did go through 2 SoS twin carbon clutches, both failing at exactly 7,000 miles. It was determined that they both had a minor factory defect.....embarrass anything badged with a farm animal. :)

View attachment 102180

Can you elaborate on the SOS carbon carbon issues? I currently have 2k miles on mines. Are there certain years that had this issue?

Farm animal badge.... LOL

Hey Hugh, your NSX motor puts out the same HP and Torque numbers that mine does ;( at 4000rpm's!)

Quick update to the thread.
It's been 11 years and a total of 75,000 miles on the engine. Nothing new to report. There are however quite a few more farm animal badged that have been embarrassed over the years!

Hugh, your car must be a wild ride. I've been in one very well appointed NSX that was tuned to ~500 hp and it was the first time I grabbed for the seat belt. It was Gary W's NSX and I was in the passenger seat.

Back