• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern California "CALL TO ARMS"!!!

Since I’m sick and tired of driving around and not seeing any other NSX on the road here in San Diego, I am requesting a “Call To Arms” for all NSX’ers in Southern California to meet up. I have determined that Sunday, March 3rd is the date to do it. Where you might ask? Well, how about we get together to see a bunch of beautiful automobiles race around the parking lots of Qualcomm Stadium!

March 3, 2002, is the San Diego Autocross Championships, which are scheduled to be held at Qualcomm Stadium!!!! So what a better way to introduce ourselves to one-another than at a racing event!

Look here for more information:
http://www.sdr-solo2.com/schedule.htm#Schedule

This event is open to the public at no charge! However, to enter the pit area you must sign a release and waiver form at the entry gates.

You will be given a wristband which must be worn at all times. There is no seating provided so bring a lawn or beach chair!

I hope to see all of the Southern California NSX’ers out there. Look out for me, ‘92 Red/Blk (MARCOS1) I plan to be there by 11:00AM and I’ll be out there parked next to a DeLorean!!!!

If you have further questions, call me at (619) 284-6913 ask for Marcos, maybe a few of us can “meet-up” and drive to the event together!!!

Originally posted by Poloman:
I’m sick and tired of driving around and not seeing any other NSX on the road here in San Diego, I am requesting a “Call To Arms” for all NSX’ers in Southern California to meet up.

Why not join the NSX Club of America and go to the monthly dinner meetings, where you can meet some of the 179 club members in Southern California?

Is there a San Diego chapter? The closest I know of to SD is Huntington Beach, about an hour away without traffic... closer to two with. A dedicated few from SD make the trip occasionally.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
There is indeed a San Diego Chapter. I don't know if they have monthly meetings though. Contact for the San Diego Chapter is Mark Allan, [email protected]

No monthly meetings. But some of the guys like to get together about once every four weeks and do a Mount Palomar run.

You should sign up to the NSXCA San Diego Chapter mailing list. (See www.nsxca.org for more info.) It's free.

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
You should sign up to the NSXCA San Diego Chapter mailing list. (See www.nsxca.org for more info.) It's free.

I'm not sure that the instructions for signing up are on the club's website (the address posted above). But you can definitely sign up by clicking here and then clicking on SanDiego.

Heidi and I will be there, we are racing in Street Unlimited. The event is in the Southeast lot. We will save some space for fellow NSXer's, look for the red/white/blue EZup and white NSX.

I'll try and make it down there, but it's Girl Scout cookie time and my daughter is selling that day. I was scheduled to watch the younger two, so I may need to work something out with the, errr...., boss.
tongue.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 26 February 2002).]

On that note, I'd also like to add that, there's a few people trying to organize a get together here in San Diego for the Australian GP this Saturday, for details look here.

Email me, or post, if you'd like to attend. Should be a mix of various cars/people.

[This message has been edited by bb6 (edited 26 February 2002).]

Poloman,

I apologize, I didn't know that the link was dead, weird? In any case; here are the details. There will be small group of car/motorsport enthusiasts [various cars] meeting on Saturday March 2, at 6:00pm to watch the Australian GP. We are meeting at:

Princess Pub & Grille
1665 India St.
San Diego, CA 92101
619-702-3021

It's right in the heart of Little Italy, and there's plenty of curb side parking. The race starts at 6:30 pm, and will go until 9pm I believe. If you'd like to attend, please email me, and let me know how many people are coming.
My email is: [email protected]

Hope to see you there!
-Hubert

[This message has been edited by bb6 (edited 28 February 2002).]

[This message has been edited by bb6 (edited 28 February 2002).]

Back