• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speaker AMP repair?

Does anyone know anyone in Austin,Tx who can repair the Amps for the individual speakers.I talked to bose(or as I like to call them "BLOSE"...they will repair for $56 a piece, but takes 4-6wks delivery. Thx.

I have checked here in town and on one seems to be able to repair them. Seems the best bet is to use the guy in dallas (looki in the FAQ) his turn around time is much quicker but it does cost more...time is money.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Someone recently had a bad experience with that person in Dallas (Daves Cool Stuff) - basically, it looks like a case of blatant FRAUD.

Originally posted by JChoice:
Someone recently had a bad experience with that person in Dallas (Daves Cool Stuff) - basically, it looks like a case of blatant FRAUD.

No, Dave's cool stuff is in Nashville, Tenn. The guys in Big-D are called H&H. These are two different companies.

I had a good experince with Dave's Cool Stuff. www.davescoolstuff.com I sent him a speaker and it was repaired and returned in 4 days total. He uses new amps, not rebuilt pieces.

Bill

Could you please qualify what you mean by blatant fraud? I wonder if you have the wrong place.

I had a GREAT experience with Dave's Cool Stuff. He responsed very quickly to my email about the amp, and he even upgraded the shipping for free to make sure the part got there by the weekend. Two or three days after emailing him, I installed my new amp. I was very impressed by the quick response, customer service, and the fact that the new amp has given me zero problems
smile.gif

Aaron

OK, I've got another question. I've had my amps rebuilt, but now the passenger door speaker has difficulty playing lots of bass or at high volume-- it gets a little distorted. I do not believe the amp is bad again, and it definitely doesn't sound like when the amp was going before. I think the voice coil is gone on this one--probably damaged during the squealing when the amps completely went.-I suppose I could check by swapping door amps and seeing if the problem persists or switches sides. So, IF it is just the speaker itself--where can I get one? Bose doesn't seem to be much help and I don't want to buy a complete enclosure from Acura.

Thanks

Back