• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - KID's DAY - Watkins Glen, NY July 6-7 - HOLD THE DATE!!

Hi Folks,

This is no longer a preliminary announcement!!! KIDS DAY IS ON!!!!!!!!! We will be holding Kid's Day July 6th-7th. at Camp Good Days as we have on the past. I know this is short notice for an event during the work week, but please beg your employer to give you the time to make this a great NSXCA event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kids will be so happy to see us back again!!!!

You can view pics from our past event here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/174826-Kids-Day-2013-Photos

We will go to the camp on Wednesday July 6th, mid-day, have a car show at the camp. The camp is located on the finger lakes, 643 West Lake Road

Branchport, NY 14418
near Watkins Glen, I will provide details/schedule soon. On Thursday we will head to Watkins Glen to take the kids out on the track for a few laps!!! I will update this thread with details as they unfold.

We would like as many NSX's as we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
Usually I am around to help out but I won't be coming back from vacation until midnight on July 6 but I plan on jumping in the NSX and driving up the morning of July 7 to meet at the track. I would appreciate if one or a few of our members step up to help out such as contacting our usual hotel to see what rates we can get for that Wednesday night as well as work with Larry to organize the drive up, etc.

For those that have done this event in the past, you know how rewarding it is, for us, as well as the kids. For those that haven't yet done this, it's something that you have to do, to believe how great it is. I will do whatever I have to, move around my schedule, and I will be there. Once everything is set, I'll set a meet and caravan thread.

I will be on vacation during that week...too bad it is a great event. Is it held with a Trackmasters DE event as well?

Tytus

Glad to see this come back! I am not sure that I can get away, but I am going to really try to make it happen as it is an event I always wanted to attend.

I am not off from work these two days however I will take personal time I have saved up to attend. I will keep a close eye on this thread for final planning. Thanks LarryB.

Love this event. Having a stent procedure done on the 6th, so I will have to see what is involved. May try to drive up early on the 7th. Spoke to Falls Motel and right now they have 12-15 rooms available but can't tell how long they will all last. Best rate they could give me is $102+tax for Wednesday night.

As soon as Larry has this event finalized and there is a Kids Day, I told the motel mgr. we will start booking the rooms. In the mean time........ sit tight. :eek:

ps: I hope this helps you a little bit Bob.

Last edited:
would love to do this again but just no vaca days available:mad:

would love to do this again but just no vaca days available:mad:

That's just not acceptable!!! I always look forward to hot laps with the "Bee"!!! Make it happen!!!

How could I ever forget my experience with laps in the "Bee" one year while on mega doses of corticosteroids! Felt like 180mph. :eek:

Glad to see this come back! I am not sure that I can get away, but I am going to really try to make it happen as it is an event I always wanted to attend.

Afraid it just doesn't work out for me this year. Very happy to see a chance that it is coming back though as I think it is a really great club event.

I just booked my room at "The Falls" for the 6th! I'm hoping that my brakes arrive, and get installed on time, if not, I will drive up in my 650IX Convertible, as I won't miss the event!!! Putting smiles on these kids faces, is something that if you haven't experienced it, you need to. The dinner at the camp, the night before, letting the kids climb through the cars, and just being kids, is rejuvenating!!! I'm hoping that the NSX is ready, as I know that they'd enjoy that more than the BMW :(
Please join us, I promise you, it's worth the trip!!!!

no pos Ford:confused:

no pos Ford:confused:
Nah, not going to take the trip in the GT, just too many crazies on the road!!! In that car, it's like a magnet, and attracts all of them!!

Booked :)...
FYI, Alan and I booked, and were "quoted" the best rate of $102, at The Falls, that's much higher than years past, but, hey, it's worth it for the Kids!!!!

Nah, not going to take the trip in the GT, just too many crazies on the road!!! In that car, it's like a magnet, and attracts all of them!!

what the.......this coming from the drive it its only a car mantra guy......who are you saving it for:wink:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

First of all, a big THANK YOU to Chin Motorsports and Mark Hicks for graciously partnering with the NSXCA to pull off this event. With Chin's assistance, we have been advised that the Track will be donating the lunch hour to us for the laps with the kids AND they will be donating the lunch for the kids AND........they will be donating THE GLEN CLUB for that lunch. That means as the children eat they can look out the panoramic windows and watch the cars speed through the esses while the track is green. THANK YOU Chin Motorsports (and especially Mark Hicks!!!!!) for stepping up big time!!!!!!!

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/

row1_logo.gif

<iframe id="vp1iHWz0" title="Video Player" width="864" height="486" frameborder="0" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/embed.animoto.com/play.html?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1466020159&f=iHWz0lz5M3uUJBJTiP2nBQ&d=0&m=p&r=360p+480p+720p&volume=100&start_res=720p&i=m&ct=Photography%20by%20Robert%20Ondrovic&cu=http://photography.robertondrovic.com/Children/Kids-Day-2013-at-Watkins-Glen/30705355_ZR6C9n&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options=" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
what the.......this coming from the drive it its only a car mantra guy......who are you saving it for:wink:
Saving it for me! I enjoy driving too much, and don't want to get run off the road by some idiot looking to take a picture of me

Confirmed Attendees so far:

1. Larry B
2. RSO 34
3. RPM217
4. Peter Mills
5. Alan Offsie
6. Mark Scott
7. The Big E

Last edited:
Confirmed Attendees so far:

1. Larry B
2. RSO 34
3. RPM217
4. Peter Mills
5. Alan Offsie
6. Mark Scott
7. The Big E

So far, so good, but we need at least a dozen cars at camp the night before, and I know that RSO won't be up until that morning!! Come on, we need more!!!!

As of now, I am in for Kid's Day. Will leave home very early on the 7th so will miss meet and greet with kid's night before, as well as dinner. Be in time for the track event if all goes well though. Hoping they only do an EKG on the 6th. Depends on what they see. If they decide not to go in, I may even drive up late on Wednesday. If the procedure is done, I am out of Kid's Day totally because I will be admitted overnight for observation. Damn, I would hate to miss this event another year!

Back