• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - KID's DAY - Watkins Glen, NY July 6-7 - HOLD THE DATE!!

The lunch at the club is a real plus..you get to watch the cars accelerate hard up the esses...Also having a solid hour for rides gives you a good opportunity to enjoy the nuances of the Glen...bus-stop.;.the boot...esses..all great stuff.

C'mon DocJohn, you need to join us. I am flying in at midnight on the 6th into JFK, dropping everyone off at home and jumping in the NSX to drive straight up to the Glen. And I don't have that day off either! Sometimes you just need to assert your authority as King at work.........

I would love to...just don't have the bodies to replace me that day:frown:

I would love to...just don't have the bodies to replace me that day:frown:

siskel-and-ebert2.jpg

that is a curious pic on many levels.....:wink:

that is a curious pic on many levels.....:wink:

Which one are you Doc? You need to get up there. Hot laps in the bee, is quite a treat for those that haven't experienced it!!!!

hot laps .......... with contrast

- - - Updated - - -

always remember this:

Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you. :smile:

Nah, not going to take the trip in the GT, just too many crazies on the road!!! In that car, it's like a magnet, and attracts all of them!!

Be honest ............... that kind of mileage in an investment car?

Nah, not going to take the trip in the GT, just too many crazies on the road!!! In that car, it's like a magnet, and attracts all of them!!

Be honest ............... that kind of mileage in an investment car?
I drive it too much to be considered an "investment car". If I mothballed it, it'd be worth a lot more. I bought it, to enjoy it. that being said, the value of it, makes me think twice (or more) as to where I'm going, and what I'm exposing myself and the car to. Besides, this is the NSXCA "event", not the GT event!!!

Just booked my hotel stay. They have more rooms for us.

Bob, please add me to the list. See you all up there! This will be my first Camp Good Days event! Can't wait!

Frankie

Just booked my hotel stay. They have more rooms for us.

Bob, please add me to the list. See you all up there! This will be my first Camp Good Days event! Can't wait!

Frankie
Glad to have you joining us Frankie, you won't regret it. The smiles you put on those kids faces, will have you smiling all the way back home!!!!

Confirmed Attendees so far:

1. Larry B
2. RSO 34
3. RPM217
4. Peter Mills
5. Alan Offsie
6. Mark Scott
7. The Big E

8. Passline (a confirmed definite maybe)
9. Roadkilchef
10. Foxy-abby
11. Ron/Ginnie Witt
12. Mike/Karla lynch
13. Oldduffer - a passline wannabe as a hopeful definite maybe
14. Raj - (he will be meeting RSO34 on the way up thursday morning around 3:30 am)
15. Catawalks - another confirmed definite maybe
16. Pbassjo
17. Acuhon
18. Ozone - a possible maybe
19. Lamchop168 - absotively and posilutely confirmed

I am confirmed for the 7th event only. What time do you guys think the meet up and depart will be from the Falls Motel to the track? I would prefer to meet there, especially if there is a caravan to the Glen.

I am confirmed for the 7th event only. What time do you guys think the meet up and depart will be from the Falls Motel to the track? I would prefer to meet there, especially if there is a caravan to the Glen.

We are planning to leave the Falls Motel at 10:30am, so we can be at the track and settled just around 11:00am. Kid's will show up around 11:30am and parade lap session will start at 12:00pm.

See you there!

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
I will be leaving from Westchester Ave, White Plains at 7:30AM, I should arrive at the Falls by Noon, enough time to freshen up me, and the car. anyone that wants to meet me either at the start, or along the way, send me your contact info (if I don't have it already!) I'll be traveling up Rte 17.

Change in caravan plans........The Big E, will be meeting me and Alan at 6:30AM to be up at Larry B's, by 7:30 AM,and caravan from there. That'll be 4 cars, anyone else joining us, please let me know!!

If all goes well, I hope to be leaving NYC hospital around 12 noon which would get me home to the NSX and on the road around 1pm. Arrival at the camp...........say, 6pm? Does that sound about right, 6pm ??????

Confirmed Attendees so far:

1. Larry B
2. RSO 34
3. RPM217
4. Peter Mills
5. Alan Offsie
6. Mark Scott
7. The Big E

8. Passline (a confirmed definite maybe)
9. Roadkilchef
10. Foxy-abby
11. Ron/Ginnie Witt
12. Mike/Karla lynch
13. Oldduffer - a passline wannabe as a hopeful definite maybe
14. Raj - (he will be meeting RSO34 on the way up thursday morning around 3:30 am)
15. Catawalks - another confirmed definite maybe
16. Pbassjo
17. Acuhon
18. Ozone - Just the 7th
19. Lamchop168 - absotively and posilutely confirmed
20. Frank Tuhy

We have been fortunate to partner with Chin Motorsports to be able to do Kids Day so please observe their rules below:

For those drivers who have volunteered for driving the kids around the parade laps on Thursday, and those who may be interested in helping out:

(THURSDAY: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - during the lunch hour)

Thank you for volunteering to participate in the parade laps at Watkins Glen, and provide a very unique opportunity to give back to some well deserving children. You can bet that this will be an event they’ll remember for the rest of their lives.

I want to outline some guidelines for the parade laps, as they will not be like traditional parade laps. First off, and most important – SAFETY.

We will be under parade lap conditions – low speed, behind a pace car. NO PASSING. You may not exceed highway speeds while on the parade laps. Remember, you have precious cargo on board! Any kind of aggressive or reckless driving during the parade laps will not be tolerated, you’ll be removed from the parade laps, and the track event as well.

You will pick up your passengers in front of garage #30 , on the pit-out / “south paddock” side of the garages – where we hold tech inspection. From there, you will pull into pit lane, following the designated pace car (pace car will be a Chin staff or chief instructor car with hazards flashing). You may go out for 3 to 4 laps at a time with each passenger, some may want to come in before the 3 or 4 laps are up. You may peel off from the parade lap group into the pit at any-time, at which point you’ll pull in front of garage #1 to drop off your passengers, then circle back around to garage #30 to pick up your next passenger (if you would like to continue). I have put together a map to outline the passenger pick-up and drop-off locations (see below)

The pace car(s) will continue to make laps around the track for the entire lunch hour, so after picking up your next passenger, you must WAIT ON PIT LANE for the pace car to circle back around to the front straight, and then enter the track, behind the train of cars. You cannot enter the track at-will, you MUST wait for the pace car before entering the track.

Last edited:
Due to shortage of manpower I cannot make the trip up.
Was really looking forward to being there, if I can someone to work for me I will be there.

I am so sorry to the KIDS that I will not make it. Cancelled Falls Motel this am. Bionic stent tests this am and trachea procedure tomorrow, all at NY Presbyterian ..................."CRAP!"

Best of luck with that Rich!!!

Back