• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - KID's DAY - Watkins Glen, NY July 6-7 - HOLD THE DATE!!

Big thanks to Larry B, Bob O, Chinn and anyone else that played a part in pulling off Kids' Day once again. It's the best day with our cars all year. I'm not sure who smiles more -- us or the kids. Everyone wins. It's just such a great time, and you guys deserve kudos. It's a bummer we have to wait another year

Great event. Thanks Larry B and friends for setting it up. Amazing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for putting this event on. It was a great time and going out on the track seemed like it was as much fun for me as it was for the kids! My track time was cut short but for the short time out there it was definitely an experience I'd be happy to do again next year.

PS: I was the one that blew up on the side of the track, one of my radiator hoses burst and sent all my coolant all over the track and my engine bay. Thanks to everyone for lending a hand or even just kind words, with the help of Larry B, Joe L, and a couple others we got the car running again. If you ever find yourself in a bind and need to replace the outlet rad hose from the block, here's what worked on my car:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-by-dayco-flex-radiator-hose-81141/5191033-P

Carquest part# 81141
Advance Auto# 5191033
Length: 12.25"
Inside Diameter: 1.5"
Outside Diameter: 1.88"
Max working PSI: 40

My first Kid's Day and I had a blast. I think I had more fun than the kids. I will definitely be back as long as work allows. Thanks to Larry B., Bob, Chin Motorsports and the rest of the gang that made this possible. I don't know if I had more fun on the track or when we grab a few 6 pack and sat on the motel parking lot.

Frankie

Sorry I wasn't able to make it, as we spoke Bob with enough advanced notice, I will make my vacation picks early to avoid work conflicts for the Northeast event's. I've missed too many.
Glad to hear everyone made it home safe.

Back