• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

special treatment in your NSX?

Do you ever get to park in front of establishments etc? or is that treatment reserved for ferraris and bentlys?

Yes, at work I park wherever I want and I get cones placed around the car. :smile:

NSXCELERATE said:
Do you ever get to park in front of establishments etc? or is that treatment reserved for ferraris and bentlys?

why would you want to? Someone might get finger prints all over it :biggrin: Im usually parked as far away from everyone as possible. Ironic how mini-vans still always manage to block me in, :eek: But seriously, Im not into the "royal treament", that why I drive a HONDA :biggrin:

pbassjo said:
Yes, at work I park wherever I want and I get cones placed around the car. :smile:
Wow, that's what happens with me! I thought I was the only one. Do a couple guys roll a little red carpet out for you? I always liked that part.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
why would you want to? Someone might get finger prints all over it :biggrin: Im usually parked as far away from everyone as possible. Ironic how mini-vans still always manage to block me in, :eek: But seriously, Im not into the "royal treament", that why I drive a HONDA :biggrin:

I feel the same way.

When you give them the proper amount of incentive they will allow you to park where you want I found out. Promotors whom some of my friends know always get VIP invitations to clubs as long as they bring there cars. Its just a coincedence that they all have Ferrari's.

bodypainter said:
Wow, that's what happens with me! I thought I was the only one. Do a couple guys roll a little red carpet out for you? I always liked that part.

No, I don't get the red carpet... That's for the Painters! :biggrin:

Here in LA (a blase car environment if ever there was one) I often find my NSX prominently displayed in front of the restaurant or hotel.

This goes so far as to include the Bel Air Hotel, the top hotel for the city. Often I am given the prime spot by the canopy, over even the assorted Bentleys and the Ferrari's. Evidently in LA the valets are connaisseurs, and prefer our cars over the Lambos and other ilk that they have to stretch, pull and wrestle with.

FWIW, According to the Bel Air Valets, Tom Cruises' NSX is his favorite ride in his stable...

But John, that's one way the Bel Air keeps its loyal customers. After all, you've been going there for years! When was it that we had that big group dinner there? Oh wait, I think it was the Westwood Marquis, 11/27/1996. :D

nsxtasy said:
But John, that's one way the Bel Air keeps its loyal customers. After all, you've been going there for years! When was it that we had that big group dinner there? Oh wait, I think it was the Westwood Marquis, 11/27/1996. :D

Now the W, and far less convivial. But the head valet there likes my NSX, and he too leaves it parked out front.

It's amusing to come out from having a drink with my lawyer and see the 20-something hipsters standing in line for the bar craning and clustering and peering into what is, essentially, a nine-year old car.

Do you remember every meal you had, Ken? Scary. :smile:

johntwolff said:
.FWIW, According to the Bel Air Valets, Tom Cruises' NSX is his favorite ride in his stable...

I didnt know Tom Cruise owner. I wonder if he lets that "FOX" Katie Holmes drive that beast. :biggrin: Any more details of what color or year he has?

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I didnt know Tom Cruise owner. I wonder if he lets that "FOX" Katie Holmes drive that beast. :biggrin: Any more details of what color or year he has?

I'll ask, but the valets are very considerate of people's privacy. And, besides, how could they remember? There are so many stars, yet only one of me... :wink:

johntwolff said:
FWIW, According to the Bel Air Valets, Tom Cruises' NSX is his favorite ride in his stable...

Not sure if I like that. Tom has kind of been a freaking wacko lately.

I got real nice treatment today at Lime Rock. Parked right at the top of the hill two steps from the main fairway at the top of the hill. Right on display!

Back