• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Speed bumps and bad roads

hey hey,
Another question for all of you who own the NSX. This goes especially for all who live with bad roads, tons of speed bumps and cracked pavement.
The NSX is really low. Someone on this board told me 4" off the ground (i forgot who, but thanks!). Well since it's so low, how do you guys deal with all the crappy ass roads and stuff. I'm really sure you can't avoid everything. (This goes for the guys who live in Vancouver...damn road construction _every_
day and _every_ busy street)
Also, to the guys who live with lots of hills (ie. San Francisco. I plan on moving there later on). How do you deal with that?

Considering all of this, wouldn't you scratch the front lip or dent the wheels and worse?
I don't know. Hopefully you can give me some info on this. Thanks again!

l8z

I'm kinda curious to see where this thread goes. Thus far, I haven't ventured too far outside of the L.A. area with my NSX, so I've been fortunate to drive on roads that, for the most part, are in good condition. That said, I still cringe when I come to dips or go down a street where work's being done. And, of course, I can't avoid scraping the bottom of that plastic strip under the front bumper when turning up driveways or, all too often, simply entering parking lots (no matter how slow I go). I can't even park my car on my parent's driveway since the incline is too great.

If there's ever any question of the road conditions along a particular route, you can bet I'll ask here before driving my NSX there...and finding out the hard way.

The stock NSX really should have no problems with ground clearance. My NSX with the front lip and lowered suspension (well, you've seen it right?), whenever I see speed bumps or getting out of the driveway, I try to go in an angle. I very rarely bottom out the car but sometimes, since my car is so low, I scratch the bottom of the front lip, but you can't tell anyways!
smile.gif
As long you don't directly hit the lip to crack it (I did once and had to replace the lip since it's not fixable), scratches that I can live with. If you wanna be cool, you gotta pay for it
smile.gif

Well Endless, Driving in San Francisco is a major pain, I've learn to take everything at an angle,and as for those hilly streets I make sure that I don't get stuck on a hill on a red light,Oh! I can't forget to mention the high street curbs, especailly on the passager side.

Well being in Northern New Jersey I have to deal with really bad roads, Speed bumps and driveways that have a big incline I have to take at an angle, as for the potholes and patchup jobs you need quick reflexes and drive as if its an obstacle course, if you fall into one it could mean bent wheels.

Attachments

• str.jpg
    str.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2
So i guess it's just plain avoiding them along with driving skill. Wow. That's just plain difficult.
Also considering how low the car actually is (46" is the height of the NSX...as far as i know, there is only one car with a lower height: Diablo with 44"), isn't it difficult to see all of that. I would assume that even the small cracks in the road would make a difference for a car like this.
Ohh and yes GruppeM..i actually had your car in mind when i was thinking of this post. It's sooo low (what is it like 2" off the ground?)
Thanks again to all for info.
Lol. I think this Spiderman quote clears up everything:
"With great power (or in this case, the best car in the world), comes great responsability."

l8z

Back