• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

speed

The stock NSX cannot redline in top gear and runs out of oomph at "only" 168 mph.

With mods, however, ...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 10 September 2001).]

Originally posted by bluenite33:
what's the fastest anyone in here has gotten their baby to? let me know if anyone has gotten it over 220 mph!!! sounds crazy? maybe it is, but don't worry about how i did!

I'm not worried about how you did it, because I'm not believing it unless it was off a cliff or in a plane, or had a jet strapped to it's ass.

ok guys, with 150 shots of nitrous, weight reductions, custom exhaust, and a slick little "grant" from from a 911-GT2, ground effects (with 2"drop) were somewhat copied from the VR-4 so i can regulate the spoiler in the front and back...ect. it wasn't so hard to do it and it was on a downhill straightaway, which some of my friends called cheating....
this was a yearfull of projects devoted to designing of the body alone...(~$35k mods) only seventy four people have seen this car so far. my crew and some real close friends.... this is what we might call a debut(sp?) to the public...
has not been dynod yet, but it's pushing or has broken the 500 mark. take care guys and take good care of your babies....
let me know if you know of someone has an nsx that has gone over 220 k?
laters

What did you do for gearing? Did you fabricate a new 5th or 6th gear or did you build a taller R&P?

Also, if you are past 500 hp at the wheels with 150 shot of NOS, you are at 350 hp without it. Since your list of mods did not mention forced induction, I am curious as to how you got 350 hp from an NA motor. Please share - several people on this board have expressed interest in building high hp NA NSX motors.

I am also curious as to why you would go to all the trouble of body mods. If you slam the car, they should not be necessary at all. The car has a low Cd. to start with. Was the tail lifting?

[This message has been edited by David (edited 10 September 2001).]

Still not buying it. If true, then congrats, but why not offer evidence and more specifics? If you spent so much effort on it you should certainly know exactly how the gearing was accomplished.

By "grant" are we to interpret that you were drafting off the GT2? Downhill with a draft would lessen the accomplishment, but it would still be very impressive. So what will it do on level ground and no draft? Surely you have tried that as well after so much work.

gear box is the little "grant" i was talking about from the porche....... you guys know what you are talking about for sure and no i am not bsing you guys.... the body mods were done in order to get the best top speed not 0-60,1/4 mi. or anything else.... we will one day enter races when we think we are ready... but until then we are still figuring out ways to improve this impressive machine... maybe next spring we'll take it to the tracks..... the intake manifold and the throttle body have been also upgraded to accompany the foced induction system in the car, but have not seen good results so we are trying out this concept supercharger made by (anonymus)..... we'll see what kind of results it will give us
til next time
blue
p.s. the "anonymus" is not a registered or tested manufacturer, he's the mastermind behind "our" team... that's why we have so much confidence.

I think this a troll thread because how did you manage to get a GT2 tranny? It's not like you can walk into a Prosche dealership and order one. Furthermore, every part allocated for the GT2 can only be acquired if you presently own one, and that doesn't even gaurantee that you'll get one.

Maybe you can post a picture of something that resembles your car or engine. Keep us posted.

Back of the envelope calculations show that you'd need closer to 600 HP to push a stock NSX to 220 MPH. That HP requirement only goes up as your add downforce.

There are a handful of places in the country it would be reasonable to attempt such a high speed run. The 7 mile banked oval at the TRC in Ohio is one.

Sounds like a load to me. I could say I did the same, would you believe me? Why are you so vague about the whole thing? Are there no internal mods? The thing to do is post some pictures, time slips or SOMETHING to back up your story, because that what it is at this point. Grammar school should have taught you that THESE are capital letters and this is the end of a sentence.

I simply can't believe how untrusting people on this board are! Everyone should believe guys like this at face value when they make outrageous claims and offer no proof!

Ever since I added another 14 turbos to my NSX (16 turbos total), I hit 220mph all the time. Why, just the other day, there was this slammed Yugo running nitroglycerin in his engine (no, not nitromethane.. Nitroglycerin... This guy built an engine with off-the-shelf Pep Boy parts that could withstand constant explosions and harness the power!).. He wanted to race me at a red light.. I stepped on the gas, my tires grabbed hard (I coat them in an experimental version of crazy glue that never drys up!!), and as I hit 2nd gear I was easily at 220mph.

It was a close race, but by 4th gear (a little after breaking the sound barrier) I pulled a few car lengths and it was over. We cruised to a stop at the next light and he gave me a thumbs up and said I had one heck of a Yugo-beater. I was so proud.

I can't give all the credit to the 16 turbo's though.. Like Bluenite33, I had several different mods that have contributed to my success. Lots of racing stickers improve the aerodynamics of my NSX and make it slip through the air. I have a big 6" custom exhaust tip that is so loud that its sound waves help propel the car forward. I have weight reductions such as a cigarette lighter from a Lambo Diablo.

And then there's the hush-hush stuff I can't tell you about.. Like about a certain Porsche prototype car with a V10 you might have heard about (I borrowed the engine). Or the tranny I got from a certain Ferrari F1 car.. (Shhhhh).

I have one serious thing to say though.. Bluenite33, buddy!! Go back to Canada, and next time before you post, remember to post in MPH instead of Kilometers Per Hour!!!

-Demon

let me know if you know of someone has an nsx that has gone over 220 k?

Typo, or slip-up? A stock NSX can easily do 220 km/h.

220 mph? As the late great Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

-Bob

Ever since I added another 14 turbos to my NSX (16 turbos total), I hit 220mph all the time. Why, just the other day, there was this slammed Yugo running nitroglycerin in his engine (no, not nitromethane.. Nitroglycerin... This guy built an engine with off-the-shelf Pep Boy parts that could withstand constant explosions and harness the power!).. He wanted to race me at a red light.. I stepped on the gas, my tires grabbed hard (I coat them in an experimental version of crazy glue that never drys up!!), and as I hit 2nd gear I was easily at 220mph.

This is too funny. Can you tell me where I can get my hands on the experimental crazy glue? Who needs quattro or 4-wheel drive when you can just buy some glue?
biggrin.gif

you guys are so bogus as to not believing me because most of you guys never had the pleasure of going 220 MPH!!! it's not like i am bragging or nothing..... this whole thing started as a simple question...... has anyone gotten their nsx to 220 mph. that's it! (and no i am not capitalizing on purpose!) too freaking lazy ok! u got a problem? jeez all you guys with these nsxs are a bunch of rich dude that can afford it cause you can, not because you love it's technology, design, ect. (for those of us who love it but not because we can afford it and have a ferrari next to it in the garage, thumbs up for you guys....) i have rebuilt(with the help of my buddies) the whole engine... so forget ya'll who think they are better than me.... cause if you think i am lying....i'm not! but pics will not be available of it till next spring.... i just thought you guys would have been nice enough to be happy for someone that achieved this goal(one day we'll pass the 220 mph mark) but til next spring you can only dream about going 220 mph... and for anyone that did.. thumbs up to you as well....
laters
i'm out of this club cause of all you [DELETED BY ADMIN] that think you know better than we do about an nsx..... [DELETED BY ADMIN]

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 12 September 2001).]

Actually, I have gone over 200 mph in cars a few times. In AZ in a 917 LM and in TX in a really worked over Viper and a built Vette.

If you really have an NSX that can do what you say, walk over to it, take a couple digital pix - the tranny and a picture of the body will do just fine - and post them. If you really have the car, this is a very easy thing to do and you can prove all of the guys who dissed you are wrong. There is no reason not to -- unless of course, you are full of shit. In that case, I recommend Photoshop.

If you don't have a digital camera, just send me your address. I will mail you a disposable camera. You can take the pix and mail it back to me. I will pay for it.

Put up or shut up.

------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

you guys are so bogus as to not believing me because most of you guys never had the pleasure of going 220 MPH!!! it's not like i am bragging or nothing..... this whole thing started as a simple question...... has anyone gotten their nsx to 220 mph. that's it! (and no i am not capitalizing on purpose!) too freaking lazy ok! u got a problem? jeez all you guys with these nsxs are a bunch of rich dude that can afford it cause you can, not because you love it's technology, design, ect. (for those of us who love it but not because we can afford it and have a ferrari next to it in the garage, thumbs up for you guys....) i have rebuilt(with the help of my buddies) the whole engine... so forget ya'll who think they are better than me.... cause if you think i am lying....i'm not! but pics will not be available of it till next spring.... i just thought you guys would have been nice enough to be happy for someone that achieved this goal(one day we'll pass the 220 mph mark) but til next spring you can only dream about going 220 mph... and for anyone that did.. thumbs up to you as well....
laters
i'm out of this club cause of all you [DELETED BY ADMIN] that think you know better than we do about an nsx [DELETED BY ADMIN]

What is the matter with you?
confused.gif
If you so want these people to believe, show us the car. How about NSXpo? You can't expect to make such outrageous claim and then not provide any proof.

Originally posted by ak:
What is the matter with you?
confused.gif
If you so want these people to believe, show us the car. How about NSXpo? You can't expect to make such outrageous claim and then not provide any proof.

Sounds perfect, your in " around, il usa" so it'll be a 15 minute drive (at 220) up to Elkhart for NSXPO! Hows about it??

you guys are so bogus as to not believing me because most of you guys never had the pleasure of going 220 MPH

Give me a break. I go over 400mph all the time... in a plane. Want a real thrill try 150mph on a bike!

CAN U GUYS READ THE FACT THAT I SAID I CAN'T POST THE PICS YET? SOME OF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE BODY IS NOT EVEN ON ANYLONGER..... ALL THE PANELS HAVE BEEN TAKEN OFF... MAYBE A SHOT INSIDE THE ENGINE BE GOOD ENOUGHT FOR YOU FOOLS? AND I DON'T THINK MY TEAM WILL APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT I EVEN DO THAT! I'LL SEE YOU ALL AT NEXT YEAR'S NSXPO! TELL ME WHERE AND WHEN IT IS AND WE'LL TRY TO MAKE IT! AND WE'LL SEE WHO'S GOING TO HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!
BLUE
deepest sympathy to all of those who know or lost someone in NYC

Originally posted by David:
Why would you take all of the panels off after the car was already built? You are not making any sense.

View
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Hey Blue,
Why don't you just wait until you can properly "debut" you so called car. Then you can take all the pictures of this secret car that only 74 people have seen. Not a one with a camera out of the bunch? Hmmm You have an invitation to put up or shut up and now you say we have to wait until NEXT spring to see the car and it got taken apart to boot.

QUOTE:
u got a problem? jeez all you guys with these nsxs are a bunch of rich dude that can afford it cause you can, not because you love it's technology, design, ect. (for those of us who love it but not because we can afford it and have a ferrari next to it in the garage, thumbs up for you guys....)

I would just be happy to see the pics of the Ferrari! Can we see THAT car?
This is why you aren't getting any respect on these forums. Here's what you typed
"i'm out of this club cause of all you [DELETED BY ADMIN] that think you know better than we do about an nsx [DELETED BY ADMIN]"

Back