• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SRS Light On - Blowing SRS Fuse - Need Help to Fix This

'91 NSX

40K Miles

Air Bag SRS Light came on and now stays on.

SRS Fuse was blown, and blows immediately after replacement.

Any ideas on a fix?

I hope I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

Unfortunately, the fuse can blow for a lot of reasons .. and you really need to look in the shop manual and follow the flowcharts. One of the first things that Acura will want to do is to plug in a test harness and measure a bunch of voltages on a number of pins which will guide the diagnosis. The SRS unit is underneath the console and they'll need to peel back the carpet on the passenger side to get to the main connector.

One of the more common reasons to blow the fuse is that the a/c evaporator (under the dash) drain can plug up and the condensation water will overflow and run down into the passenger footwell area (peel back the carpets and see if it's wet) which can get into the SRS cabling and cause the module to think there's a problem. This has happened twice to me and I'm still trying to recover from the second time.

There was also a recent post from a member who was blowing fuses and removed his SRS control module and discovered that some of the capacitors had leaked and were no longer working. Contact BrianK on Prime here and he offers a service to replace them if that's the problem.

Hey, thanks for the info!

It gives me somewhere to start to look.

I took it to a dealer today, and the mechanic did as you said.

He broke my console face in half.

I told him to put it back together, order me a new console face and I would take care of fixing it.

Big mistake taking it to dealer.

I'm really ticked off.

I'm confused .. he didn't have to take the console face off. Hopefully he tested all the voltages and gave them to you. SRS troubleshooting section starts at page 23-315 in the shop manual .. voltage table and flowchart is on page 23-330. There's a copy of the shop manual in the Wiki here on Prime.

Back