• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

St. Louis area ownership

6 months and no one looking or writing. Anyone attending cars and coffee. New Conti's performing well, and quiet. Almost as quiet as the big sedan. New Molynecke grease quieting the rattle in the top.

One can find yours truly at least once a week afternoons at Fast Lane, cruising 370 for lunch and fuel at Costco, or at Trader Joes, or on the way out to or back from Smartt airfield. Any chance to get the Dragon Lady out on the open road even if just for a half hour or so. When it's below 90 we have to get out.
Blessings,
D

Last edited:
OK, I'll chime in and update what I have been up to.

On July 16th, my brother took his 300ZX and I took my NSX, and we were invited to a Hagerty event at St. Louis Car Museum.

On August 9th, my brother took his Vette and I took my NSX, and we were invited to a Hagerty event at Fast Lane.

On this past Saturday the 27th, my brother took his 300ZX and I took my NSX, and we were invited to be in a car show at St. Louis Car Museum. Neither of us won any place, but we saw a lot of neat cars and we had tons of compliments and lots of guys shooting pics of our cars. We just had a great time and met some great guys. Apparently the Museum took LOTS of pics and put them on FB if any of you are interested in seeing what the day was like.

In the meantime, I have been searching off and on for a VIS carbon fiber R hood. CL65 was kind enough to let me come over and look at his VIS hood on his NSX. That is what pretty much is making me go for a VIS hood. I am hoping to find one by the end of the year. I have enough other work to keep me going.

Other than those 3 outings and getting it inspected, that is about the only time I have had my TOY out and about.

Last edited:
Out today, beautiful, just needed the time behind the wheel. Dragon Lady has been serviced recently :) just to be legal, ie inspection and emissions, and true to her nature is as silent almost as my TLX. No whining, or protests when I push her almost to the structural limits on the on ramps. Note: No hard acceleration until she's up to Temperature.

Oh what a feeling! 100 mile on the fresh oil change. No one else cares, and I'm old and don't care that they don't.
There is some pleasure in awaiting the "racing crew coming up behind doing in the 80's and punching it just to match their speed as they try to pass if just for a second or two. Suck it up dudes, "I really don't have to go fast, because I know I can".
blessings,
D

That sounds great. I recently purchased a 91 NSX and have been driving it when I can. Amazing that I never see any on the road, and it’s evident how rare it is to see one out and about based on the enthusiastic reactions I get to the car. I’m also in the St. Louis area……

With a heavy heart, I just wanted to inform everyone that we’ve lost one of our dear long time fellow members Don aka donk. His son gave me a call this morning and said Don had passed away peacefully on December 4th, 2022.

May you rest in peace, Don. It was an absolute honor to know you and call you my friend after all these years. You will be greatly missed in this community.

With a heavy heart, I just wanted to inform everyone that we’ve lost one of our dear long time fellow members Don aka donk. His son gave me a call this morning and said Don had passed away peacefully on December 4th, 2022.

May you rest in peace, Don. It was an absolute honor to know you and call you my friend after all these years. You will be greatly missed in this community.

UGH so sorry to learn of this. I never met Don, unfortunately, but felt as though I knew him. Truly sad news. I will miss his posts about his "Dragon Lady" + the romps they experienced together.
BEST REGARDS to his Son, Spouse, and Family from Michigan NSXers

Yes, he truly loved his Dragon Lady and enjoyed her as much as the weather would allow. Even in his 80’s… he would not back down to anyone who wanted to have a hood on the roads. Fun guy with a heart of gold.

Gave my NSX it's first bath of the year Friday and went to Coffee & Cars on Saturday at Fast Lane. Huge turnout. Apparently someone liked my car enough to put it on FB.
Also went to Amelia Island again at the end of March for the Concours de Elegance. Phenomenal event again this year! Met Wayne Carrini, very nice guy. Met Magnus Walker, odd character. Went to some phenomenal auctions- Dusenbergs, Packards, old Ferrari's, etc. A week of pure heaven! Took 1,900 pics and vids.

Gave my NSX it's first bath of the year Friday and went to Coffee & Cars on Saturday at Fast Lane. Huge turnout. Apparently someone liked my car enough to put it on FB.
Also went to Amelia Island again at the end of March for the Concours de Elegance. Phenomenal event again this year! Met Wayne Carrini, very nice guy. Met Magnus Walker, odd character. Went to some phenomenal auctions- Dusenbergs, Packards, old Ferrari's, etc. A week of pure heaven! Took 1,900 pics and vids.
I was going to go but way too cold, plus my interior guy (me) is not finished recovering the seats, I need to get on his butt…

Back