• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stance Compressor & Air Tank Mounting Solutions - Pics Please!

Hi All, for those of you running the Stance kit with the 2-gallon air tank, please post-up some pictures of the compressor/tank mount bracketing, as well as locations (spare tire area/trunk). Thanks in advance!

Asanga

Hi All, for those of you running the Stance kit with the 2-gallon air tank, please post-up some pictures of the compressor/tank mount bracketing, as well as locations (spare tire area/trunk). Thanks in advance!

Asanga

My tank is located in the front compartment where the spare tire used to reside.

redbaronace, thanks for your reply! Did you make your own bracket? Got any pictures?

I only realized after I submitted my question on the forum, that it was my very first post! I've been reading quite a bit on here since getting my car a couple of months ago and trying to absorb/learn as much as I can. Here's a little more info about my NSX, and my decision to go with a Stance kit.

My ride is a 1998 black/black NSX-T. It came with a 18/19 wheel combo (Work VX-XS), but I changed it out recently to a set of 17/18's (Prodrive GC-05), as I wanted more rubber on the wheels, as well as a different look. I wanted to be able to drive the car anywhere without worrying about scraping the front lip (including getting the car out of my garage). After speaking to a couple of friends as well as reading on here, the Stance cup kit seemed to be the path forward! Unfortunately my existing suspension set-up (Comptech/Koni coilovers) would not accommodate the Stance kit, so I needed a new suspension set-up as well. After more reading and advice from friends, I decided on KW V3's.

All parts are purchased and the suspension as well as the cup kit is going in this weekend, but I need help with ideas on how to best mount the compressor and the 2-gallon tank. I was able to find an aluminum bracket (that fits in the spare tire area) that a fellow NSX owner makes, however it is only for car made from 91-96. Has anyone bought this (from Chase), and retrofitted it somehow to fit later model years? If so, any advice/pictures would be very much appreciated! I'm sure a few of you running the Stance kit (especially with NA2's) may have made your own brackets, so would love to get some ideas!

A bit more history on how I ended-up with a NSX. I used to own a 1994 Acura Legend 6-spd Sedan @18 years ago. Through forums & car meets (in SoCal) I met a good friend back then (whom a few of you may know)... Graeme. We have been in touch over the years, and ever since I owned the Legend, the ultimate car to own was the NSX. Being buddies with Graeme had a lot to do with me getting into my NSX, so I have him to thank for the recent purchase and excessive spending that has followed! :) Glad to be part of this awesome group!

Any of you guys figured this one out?
I was "convinced" that I needed aircup to avoid scraping and now I don't know whether if I should put the tank in front or trunk.

Also anyone got DIY for this job? kinda scratching my head how I am going to wire and get those airline across.

Asanga

Hi, i have a kit. Got the tank and compressor installed in front compartment in place of the spare tire. Remove the spare tire bracket and make custom brackets (rectangular shape) that fix to the existing bottom bolts of the tire bracket, then top of your custom bracket should have aligned holes to fix the bolts and nuts for the base of the tank brackets. For the compressor make custom bracket (L shape) that fixes on the same bolt of the relay box. For the wiring you could use battery negative or body for grounding, and windshield motor for positive. Run the switch to your interior along the wiring loom through your firewall. If you bought your kit long time ago then make sure to ask stanceparts to send you upgraded hose to tank as it has bursted several times for me. Overall the kit has been very reliable with me, no issues else. I also installed better bushings for the compressor base to reduce vibrations. Another improvement I'm looking to make is a kill switch in the pressure switch loop as a safety, because of if any hose bursts then compressor keeps running which could kill it.

Here is a photo
1844630b57fb93ac9c3e51a48a54d534.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about the Stance front only set.
Does anyone know if it really needs a tank as large as they supply?
I found this tank, ~ 3" x 28" 1 gallon that I think could possibly be located in the trunk back by the tail lights and not cost so much space.
Any ideas it this would work out? This is on my to do list.
TIA for any help - Al
00358294__10625.1533052835s.jpg

Stance parts Bracket in spare tire space

This was my home fabricated solution for my 96 NSX. Uses only pre existing holes from spare tire bracket. Diagonal aluminum bar cross brace from aluminum backplate (above compressor) to OEM upper bracket attachment point not pictured. I modified the stock ashtray to act as a switchplate for the air cups..using the same 18 " aluminum to fabricate the brushed swtchplate.

Attachments

• 20200614_112630.jpg
    20200614_112630.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 20200614_112640.jpg
    20200614_112640.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 20200606_172018.jpg
    20200606_172018.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 20200606_175654.jpg
    20200606_175654.jpg