• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

State Referee CA ticket

Hey prime
After seeing the concern for my gauge cluster and the possibility of a fire i decided to not drive that nsx. I did go out tonight for a cruise in my mothers NSX which has a CTSC and comptech headers. i got pulled over driving near a carmeet/eventual sideshow and got a California State Referee ticket for a modified emissions system. i know where the CARB sticker is for the intake and the CTSC. i dont know where it is for the headers... I havent ever had a state ref ticket before and dont really want to swap on a stock set of headers to pass the inspection. Comptech has since gone out of business. how would i get a replacement CARB sticker?

Yes, on the very bottom. Put the car on a lift and look underneath.
H-

Last edited:
Hey prime
After seeing the concern for my gauge cluster and the possibility of a fire i decided to not drive that nsx. I did go out tonight for a cruise in my mothers NSX which has a CTSC and comptech headers. i got pulled over driving near a carmeet/eventual sideshow and got a California State Referee ticket for a modified emissions system. i know where the CARB sticker is for the intake and the CTSC. i dont know where it is for the headers... I havent ever had a state ref ticket before and dont really want to swap on a stock set of headers to pass the inspection. Comptech has since gone out of business. how would i get a replacement CARB sticker?
Can I ask what city this occurred in or perhaps any details that could help us be more mindful? I'm sorry this happened to you.

This happened in Roseville, a city near Sacramento. Cops have been cracking down on the "sideshows" but think any meet is a sideshow. Sad i didnt even attend the show or was doing anything stupid to deserve to get pulled over. I dont know any NSX with a front plate lol
Can I ask what city this occurred in or perhaps any details that could help us be more mindful? I'm sorry this happened to you.

Anyone have any idea on if these tickets can just be paid off? ive read online even CARB legal headers,cats,intakes can cause a car to fail visual no matter what. if i take it in and fail ive read i need to pay the fee AND revert the car back to 100% stock emissions wise. never had to deal with this sort of ticket before.

EDIT: It may help to know that the ticket was marked "non-correctible"

Last edited:
CARB is so screwed up. I had a similar problem with the cats I used on my CTS-V.
The state has a book of what CATS are to go with what car, even if they are running the same motor & fuel!
A little know exemption in the CARB is that if the OEM part is not available or cost prohibitive, an alternate can be used.
Since your headers are CARB certified you should have no problem getting smog certified.
You just had the bad luck of getting stopped by a cop with an agenda, something you could also argue.

Back