• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stealership Finance games NEED ADVICE!

I didnt mind paying a lil extra, to give support to a dealership that is NSX friendly, and was very pleasent when i first visited. After all this, its not worth it.

So i will go somewhere else, and pay fair value for it instead.

I dont care if a dealer supports the NSX club or not...it is not worth paying more for a car if you can get it for a price that is lower down the street...every Acura Dealer has to service your car even if it was not bought at that stealership...

KODIAC said:
now they dont want to honor there original deal,

but its gonna be ok...

Ive already arranged the return of the vehicle, return of my deposit(and paperwork), and have arranged financing for another car already but for 3K less OTD. so they are loosing business hand over fist now..

I will let everyone know how it goes when i go to pohanka.

otd???? Same new TSX for 3k less, hell of a deal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
KODIAC said:
we agreed on 29720. she owned her accord, it was a 93, well in need of a new car IMHO. We agreed on 3K down. her score is a 630, not great by any means. we met the finance guy that night, and they new everything going in on it, and approved it all. then they came back and said they could do it lower a week later... then they started the were having issues... yada yada yada.....

nice; full sticker price on a TSX? :rolleyes:

so last night, we went over to pick up her new tsx at Radley Acura, paid 27125 OTD. When the sales guy (vince) and I talked, and he heard the story, he explained that alot of sales guys left Pohanka a few months ago and went to radley, due to "mgmt being greedy and not working with the prices" so they threw in the pro package, but i had them not add the mud guards(i think they look like crap).

Picked it up wraped in plastic & glue with 12 miles on it.

funny tho, they didnt seem to have any major issues like pohanka was to get the approval threw AHFC(american HONDA finance Company)

Also, when we went by Pohanka, of course they still did not have my check, and Lenny G. was not very acommidating, he referred to me as "ghanis' 'pain in the ass'"

Lenny gave me his promise :roll eyes: that he would have a check in hand for me today by lunch.

so i think with Lennys promise and $1.85 i can get on metro :big grin:

Would you mind disclosing the APR that was given to you by AHFC? I am picking up my new Ridgeline, this Monday, and I feel like they are holding a couple of points on me.
I got 7% through my local bank, which still seems high, and they want 15% down. AHFC is willing to do 100% of the loan, even the 22's (dub-deuces), but they are quoting me 9%.

9 is lower than she got, but this is her first car purchase (credit score 630, little history). I will refinance it in 6 mo. for around 7 or lower.

AHFC gave her 11.4 with 3K down.

2Dobes said:
Would you mind disclosing the APR that was given to you by AHFC? I am picking up my new Ridgeline, this Monday, and I feel like they are holding a couple of points on me.
I got 7% through my local bank, which still seems high, and they want 15% down. AHFC is willing to do 100% of the loan, even the 22's (dub-deuces), but they are quoting me 9%.

I just bought an Acura TL through AHFC and got 4.74%.
The rate you get is HIGHLY dependent on your credit score and history though.

DONYMO said:
I just bought an Acura TL through AHFC and got 4.74%.
The rate you get is HIGHLY dependent on your credit score and history though.
don, you got a TL. NICE!

next year they are saying they will put the MDX 650+ voice command navi system, Bluetooth, foglights STD, and memory seats into the TSX i believe...

and i think the TL gets the upgraded NAVI and thats about it..

so i may be looking into a trade :biggrin:

we will see how things go

don did you get the NAVI? what colors? i want details..................

I got 5% from my local CU on our TL.
Mike hopefully she'll get to keep the car and they won't call you back again with any financing problems like you just went thru.

To Summarize the end of this ordeal.....

Returned TSX to Pohanka Acura after all their finance crap, and picked up deposit.

Went down the road to Radley Acura and picked up another BRAND NEW arrived that day on truck CG/EB 5AT TSX with 11 miles on it. We paid 3K less OTD, and received better warranties, Oil changes for life, and Pro Package.

Also Radley didn't seem to have any issues at all pushing our credit thru. They said there was one issue, but because we are first time buyers, they can push it thru. So no problems, all is good now, Pohanka SUCKS, specifically the MGMT and Lie-nance dept. Lenny G, Greg Altman, Ghani, Belinda, Courtney "The Twins"; were not about making the customer happy, and a pleasant experience. They all were greedy and not willing to make things work. Our salesman, Jonathan, was nice though, and its not his fault his MGMT team are rude, disrespectful, un-compromising, money hungry, @ssholes.

When I got to Radley, I learned that a lot of the staff there all left Pohanka a few months ago, due to the same issue..... MGMT didn't want to be flexible with pricing, and help get ppl approved. If they wont push a sale thru, how's a sales guy get paid??????

I have talked to random ppl on the street and in my apt complex when they ask about the car, and have heard numerous stories about how they had a friend/relative that was getting screwed and haggled at Pohanka, only to go to Radley and pay thousands less for the same car, and a much more enjoyable experience.

Pohanka will never see any business from me, or anyone I can talk to. Greed will get them no where. Poor customer service will get them a bad rep.

Please if ya need something go see the guys at Radley. Pohanka doesnt deserve our business.....

Last edited:
Bilulan said:
Do we have to guess how "Twins" got her nickname?

If i ever go back, ill try and get a picture for ya.....

those that have been there know what im talkin about....

Couple things:

Do not co-sign loan......inherently problematic

do not agree to anything that costs you 1 cent more regardless

Since you like their GM, talk to him about this problem and how it makes you, the customer, feel. Ask him to intervene on your behalf. If that fails - see next item-

If they can't stand by their original agreement, which one of you signed, then ask them to see the original contract you signed, hand them the keys and the car and tell them unless they reinstate the deal you signed they have their car and you have the contract - have a nice day.

Go down the street and buy another car from a reputable dealership that controls the antics of their finance department.

I can't believe an Acura dealership would play games like this- :frown:

OOOPPPS, now I see this has already been resolved - sorry.

Back