• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stealth RT vs NSX (video)

Warning: Drag Racing isn't that much fun to watch
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

That is a absolute sweet time!

Someone get this guy online and let us know what his setup is.

Any of the basic nitrous/turbo/super setups will put you in the 12.4 range.

The Stealth is obviously modified as well.. probably BPU+ to around 425+ HP

The file is only 15mb; it takes forever to download but that's because their server is really slow.

Originally posted by Lud:
The file is only 15mb; it takes forever to download but that's because their server is really slow.

Thanks, Lud.

"Only 15 Mb." I love that. I remember when...
wink.gif

Hey I just noticed that is me. How did you get that video? I have I/H/E, gears, R&P, RM clutch, and a 50 shot wet system. My best run has been a 12.20@115. The Stealth was AWD twin turbo running 16lbs boost, lots of mods. That same day I killed a modded Vette twice(he claimed he would walk all over my car until we raced) anyway COOL! thanks for the post.

I still cant believe they let them run without a Helmet usually if your car is in the 14s you need a Helmet. My old 95 TSI AWD Talon was tuned to around 375hp by a place called TAD Motorsports in IL and ran 12.5 1/4s at 110mph so 12.4s @111mph in a NSX is just plain hauling.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Oohhh ohhh ohhhh does this video classify as a "kill"???

Do we get a nifty kill section on our web forum now???

-B

PS: Yes, this post of mine is a joke...

Do we get a nifty kill section on our web forum now???

Oh, no! We're above that.

However, we will have an "injured pride section".
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
usually if your car is in the 14s you need a Helmet.

Are you sure it's not 12s?

I seem to remember 13 sec or slower cars were allowed without helmets. The moment you crack 12s they require you to come back with a helmet.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 03 April 2002).]

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
usually if your car is in the 14s you need a Helmet.

Most tracks follow NHRA style rules which call for a helmet only in cars running 12.99 or faster. They were probably told to get a helmet after the run at the time slip booth. 11.99 or faster requires a roll bar. The significant safety stuff starts at the 9.99 break.

Its all relative. A decent back half car runs the 1/8 mile in less than five seconds at 145-150 mph. Most tracks are used to those kinds of cars and just don't worry about anything so slow it runs the 1/4 in double digits. Most street cars just don't rate much of a tech inspection.

Nice win, by the way. I usually cringe when I see another NSX show up at the track, because most drivers don't have the skill necessary to even begin to perform well at the drag strip. As our friends on the Supra forums would say "way to represent, dawg!"

[This message has been edited by David (edited 02 April 2002).]

I guess some Tracks have different rules the local Dump up here requires you to have a Helmet regardless what your time slips are every Friday night thats "FUN" night. And the other Track that's a little nicer wants you to wear one if you car runs 13.99 or better so I guess there are different rules for different Tracks.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

This particular track is about an hour away from my house, but only requires a seat belt on most days racing. No helmet necessary, no window regulations and you can even bring a passenger(very cool in my opinion). That makes it more like street racing and that makes it worth the drive. The local track is very strict(NHRA rules always apply) so most of the import drivers dont race there.

Back