• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering issues

Hi everyone! I just bought 4chin500's '92 Silver NSX and drove it home, from Atlanta to Los Angeles... it was awesome and I'm writing it up for Petrolicious (where I'm the editor). I'll post about it when the story is ready to go...

Anyway, I picked up the car and 4chin500 told me that the car didn't have power steering, which it doesn't. But according to everything I've read, it should (right?). But it should also have some sort of warning light if there is a steering system failure, which it also doesn't. So what's the deal? Did the '92 NSXs have electric power steering and if so, why am I not getting a warning light?

Also, how can I diagnose the problem if it is meant to have power steering and how is easy/difficult is it to replace the rack?

Thanks in advance!

no power steering until '95 (except that i think power steering was on earlier auto trans models)

^ beat me to the post by a couple seconds. :smile:

Last edited:
I was going off of this post and it doesn't mention any distinction between auto/manual pre-'95 NSXs... oh well! Thanks for the info, makes me feel better... no repairs! Yay!

Back