• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering noise

Hello there,
Got this NA2 with this steering noise.

What's the fix for it?

Hello there,
Got this NA2 with this steering noise.

What's the fix for it?

I would start by opening the rack, inspect and lubricate all the moving parts where there is supposed to be grease... it probably dried after all this years.

If that doesn't work you might need to replace worn parts (bearings etc..), and you will need to look for the parts one by one as the steering is not serviceable from Honda. Another option is to send the rack to one of the companies who service the rack (I think there are options in USA, Japan and Europe).

Last edited:
I would start by opening the rack, inspect and lubricate all the moving parts where there is supposed to be grease... it probably dried after all this years.

If that doesn't work you might need to replace worn parts (bearings etc..), and you will need to look for the parts one by one as the steering is not serviceable from Honda. Another option is to send the rack to one of the companies who service the rack (I think there are options on USA, Japan and Europe).
Thanks for the reply.

What's the worst thing could happen if it's left like that for a while?

I'd do it ASAP as well. Mine doesn't sound nearly that bad and it's going to nsxrackrepair.com in the next month or so, as soon as the snow flies. Earlier this summer I took the boots off and lubed everything I could access from that point. The squeaking got better, but came back again a few weeks later. This thing could have used a grease nipple apparently.

RHD unit is available from Amayama for US$3,168.84 + shipping
LHD unit is available from OEMacura for US$6,725.44 + shipping

Hard to be sure what the worst that could happen is. This system steers your race car around large objects instead of into them - problems with it have the potential to go very bad, very fast.

Update 2023 May: Got my rack back from NSX Rack repair. Squeeking is gone and the steering is amazing!

Last edited:
Back