• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering wheel play, chrome wheels.

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy a '95 NSX-T. I drove it yesterday, and the steering wheel has some play, but after that the steering is rock solid. Is this normal for a NSX to have play?

It comes with the stock rims, but chromed. How much do you think I can get for them? The chrome is coming off of one wheel.

How much are Fikse FM/5 rims? Those are sweet.

One more question... is there anywhere that sells a whole bunch of good rims online? Thank you very much for your time.

"the steering wheel has some play, but after that the steering is rock solid."
Hmmm.... after what? starting,stopping,ten miles, ten minutes.... When do you notice play? Is car on or off.Either way it doesn't seem right.I had ACURA replace a clients'95 power steering ECU but service bulletin was supposedly just for the 97's.
Those Fikse are nice and usually made to order.They generally retail around $600 to $1200 each depending upon application.Try this; http://www.fikse.com/index1.html

I have a client's '95 NSX-T stored in my shop that he wants to sell and I need my space back! This car is sweet and owner has brought price down.Because you're so close it wouldn't hurt to come check it out.(Owner resides in San Jose.)You won't be disappointed! E-mail or call me.

Bruce Nomura (209)830-6070
Nomura Tuning and Design
7540 W. Carmelo Ave.
Tracy CA. 95304

Originally posted by Bruce:
I have a client's '95 NSX-T stored in my shop that he wants to sell and I need my space back!

Bruce, is that the blue one that was on e-bay a while back?

What do you charge for the twin turbo setup on a 3.2l? How do you compare it to the c-tech supercharger? reliability? performance?

thanks,

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
· Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
· Dali Racing / Brembo big brake kit
· Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
· Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels
· Wings West side skirts and rear spats

No, it's not normal. I've owned a 95 and a 99 and neither had any steering wheel slop.

--twc

The spindle may have been damaged if the previous owner pulled down or pushed hard when he was exiting the NSX. I've seen this happen on an NSX where the owner was heavy-set.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

There should be no play in the steering at any speed.

Also, beware of chrome OEM rims. If the chrome starts to flake in the bead it can cause air loss in the tire. The proper way to dress an OEM rim is to have it polished.

Originally posted by justin hall:
Bruce, is that the blue one that was on e-bay a while back?

What do you charge for the twin turbo setup on a 3.2l? How do you compare it to the c-tech supercharger? reliability? performance?

thanks,

Yes it is, but it's that limited color that is actually purple.
confused.gif

There are many other things I would recommend or you may need in addition to installing a Twin Turbo kit.Such as; Clutch,Brakes,sparkplugs,etc... which can easely exceed $15,000.But I'm currently backed up with other projects, one of them being a Twin Turbo Lexus GS400 which will take up quite a bit of time.Please e-mail me privately.

That's a loaded question on this forum.I've seen guys get there heads chewed off for why they don't mount their front license plate.I know Comptech makes a great Supercharger kit and backs it up with CARB certification and warranty as well.On the other hand I see the Aerocharger kits easily pass,I am sold on their reliability and giggly overwhelmed with their performance.Aerochargers in many ways do not share the same characteristics as ordinary turbos do.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Bruce (edited 14 May 2001).]

Yes it is, but it's that limited color that is actually purple.
confused.gif

This color was marketed in North America as "Midnight Pearl" for model years 1995-96:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/colors/colors.htm

Interesting note: On the Monroney window sticker, the color is shown as "plum". (Remember, the official name appears in the marketing materials, but the color on the window sticker is the information they use to identify the cars at the docks, so it has to be readily understandable to the hikers there.)

Back