• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

stereo diagnosis

ok, i've gotten some response on my techinical question on the technical area. more information on question/problem.

my speaker is hissing and bitching on the passenger door panel, as far as i can tell.

when i turn the balance completely away from that side, it still makes some noise.

any ideas or suggestions, i gather a lot of nsxers have been here before, please ADVISE

just bought the car and the seller will help, but need some advice on the diagnosis, on the recommended fix, and on the estimated cost.....

yeah, i know about punting, but dealer will help

I know what you mean. I have the same problem with my passengers side speaker too. I think its your AMPs that control your speakers. I am just gona take my AMP and speaker out and send it to texa to fix. I think that'l take care of the problem.

Try replacing the amps. I replaced mine from www.davescoolstuff.com. I believe that's the site...Very reasonable and quick to turnaround the new amps. I have not had a problem since. I am thinking about replacing the system though. Maybe the one from Dali. I don't know what year your car is but since you're going to have the panels off. You might as well check the window regulators. I bought a set of the window things from Dali (just in case) but mine were replaced with the new regulators. So I have the DAli things if you're interested.
Charles

[This message has been edited by chudson1549 (edited 21 December 2001).]

Yep it's your amp. LA JOLLA AUDIO in La Jolla, CA did a core exchange on rebuilt units in exchange for my old door speakers for approx $130, and a rebuilt subwoofer for $250. You need to speak with Clive (sp) who works in the repair shop and he'll fix you up. I went to my Acura dealer and got a copy of the instructions to remove the door panels and did the swap on both doors in 2 1/2 hrs myself.

LA JOLLA AUDIO: 5161 Santa Fe Street Suites A & B, San Diego, CA 92109,tel # (858) 581-6545

Originally posted by TOMNSX:
Yep it's your amp. LA JOLLA AUDIO in La Jolla, CA did a core exchange on rebuilt units in exchange for my old door speakers for approx $130, and a rebuilt subwoofer for $250. You need to speak with Clive (sp) who works in the repair shop and he'll fix you up. I went to my Acura dealer and got a copy of the instructions to remove the door panels and did the swap on both doors in 2 1/2 hrs myself.

LA JOLLA AUDIO: 5161 Santa Fe Street Suites A & B, San Diego, CA 92109,tel # (858) 581-6545

I called today and spoke with Cleve and he told me that it would cost $175 per speaker to repair. I don't get it. Where'd the $130 price go?

Back