• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Still waiting on my 05 to be shipped

I completed the sale of my 05 NSX about a week ago. It is located in Phoenix and I live in Alabama. The spipper said they would have a driver pick up the car within 5 days. I cantacted them today and they said it shouldn't be much longer. I thought about just gertting another shipper but then I figured I'd just start the process over again and wait some more. I still have my 95 so it;'s not like I don't have an NSX to drive but I was anxious to drive my new toy.

Who is the shipper? If its a broker you may never get it all. Seriously.

Hope it all works out. People think that we, in the car business, are liars. We, in the car business, hate truck drivers. :tongue:

Feck that...go get the damn thing and have a nice "getting aquainted" drive home!:biggrin:

thought about picking it up but Arizona says if I pck up the car it constitutes a local purchase and triggers a sales tax. Plus I would put about 2000 extra miles on the car. Anyway the shipper says they finally got it worked out. They are picking the car up Sunday and it is s\cheduled to be delivered to my house next Friday. Just in time for a weekend drive.

Thats how shippers work. They pick up and drop off up to the time they get to yours. Then they pick up and drop off up to the time they get it to you.

Most shippers don't run a tight schedule. In fact, most of them use a net work of shippers that have mapped out their route. The route between the locations are also mapped; for example, after they pick up your car, they maybe dropping/picking up more cars on their way to your location; therefore, delay is likely.

Don't worry, every thing is insured and the car will be there nice and sound.

Congrat on your purchase and welcome to the club.

thought about picking it up but Arizona says if I pck up the car it constitutes a local purchase and triggers a sales tax.

Hmmm...fine about the miles but I don't know about the above being true. I purchased my car out of my home state and they had the paper work all set up for me with my home state's tax info. Regardless of that fact you are going to pay tax on it somewhere and cannot be taxed twice. Good luck on the delivery though! Bet you are getting antsy waiting for it!

Hmmm...fine about the miles but I don't know about the above being true. I purchased my car out of my home state and they had the paper work all set up for me with my home state's tax info. Regardless of that fact you are going to pay tax on it somewhere and cannot be taxed twice. Good luck on the delivery though! Bet you are getting antsy waiting for it!

That is correct, and there is a reason why a 30 days temp plate is allowed to be issued.

I check with Arizona probate. They said I would have to pay city and county tax but not state tax if I picked up the car. Then I checked with Alabama probate and they said even ifg I pay city and county in Phoenix I would have to pay city and county in Daphne, Baldwin county Alabama. Rules are car must be purchased using out of state order, must be picked up by non interested third party shipper cannot be for use in arizona and purchaser must not be arizona resident. Beleive me I checked this out thouroughly. Plus as I said Airline ticket ,gas, meals, hotel rooms etc. plus 2000 mile on the car and it just didn't make since to me to drive the car from Arizona to Alabama.

Oh, BTW Since my 05 will be here next Friday and I only have one extra garage space I'll make someone a hell of a deal on my 95 Red/Blk NSX-T

That is correct, and there is a reason why a 30 days temp plate is allowed to be issued.

That also gives them some time to go out and see how fast it goes/donuts, burnouts, that sort of stuff.:biggrin:.....................Jk, JK.:tongue:

Back