• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STL- its track time again in the midwest - Yoo Hoooo!

For those who are on the fence about tracking their cars, I will be on track in Putnam Park (about 3 hours east of St. Louis) on May 5th and 6th. If you are interested in tracking your car and want to sign up you can get all the information for this event at the following website. If you need help getting the car or the driver prepped for the event let me know as well I will do what I can to help.

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/May_2013_reg.html

For anyone that has not run at Putnam it is a blast, it is safe, and it is close enough to St. Louis to drive to the track without having to trailer there. If you have never tracked your car before but want to know what it is all about this is a great place to learn as the track is easy to learn and very safe to push your limits. Also if you do not want to run your car but want to know what the track experience is like. The 10/10ths group is very accommodating to passengers. So even if you do not sign up to drive bring your helmets and you will have no problem getting rides to view the track at speed.

There were three of us from St. Louis that ran last weekend and I can say I had a great time. I really enjoy seeing other NSX on the track so I am not the only one out there. Special thanks to Jim for showing me how smoooooooth a NSX can be driven, and mad props to Nick for stepping up to play with the Advanced group in a new car at a new track. I hope you guys all had as much fun as I did.

Dave

Attachments

• Putnam 4-5-13.jpg
    Putnam 4-5-13.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 79
Pretty tempting man. Are they going to have another one of these after May any time soon? I just need to get the funds together and I would say count me in for one of these. Where do you guys lodge at when you're there?

Everyone stays at the group of hotels at the Hwy 70 & Hwy 231 Cloverdale Exit, but they all leave a little to be desired. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn (OK), the Super8 (OK but some have had issues), the Motel6 (will not go again), this time we are at Days Inn, we will see how that goes.

If the weather is good and someone wants to run down for the day either Sat or Sunday, let me know. From STL it is 3hr drive and if you left early in the morning you could be there by 10AM, ride for a couple of sessions and head home. This way if you have never tracked before you will see what it is all about.

10/10ths runs at Putnam at least once a month, I will not be headed back untill later in the year, it is almost boating season and the track fun stops when the water is warm. I am doing the MVP Joliet in June but that is on a Monday. We pick the track season back up in Aug. and run down south through November.

Dave

Last edited:
I might go, but I'm not even sure if my car turns?

I might go, but I'm not even sure if my car turns?

You can always put on some really old hard tires and work on your drifting skills. Time is running out, anyone wanting to sign up will need to do so this week, anyone wanting to come to the track and just check things out you have time to make your plans.

Dave

Wanted to, but certain things fell on this weekend keeping me home. I have my Cube in the shop doing some vinyl stuff, plus had some tattoo work done on my leg that I forgot I had an apt scheduled for yesterday. I'd def want to stay for the weekend if I went to one of these. Simply to avoid the drive of 6hrs in one day to and from the track. I keep inching closer and closer..... trying....

Hey Dave I just saw this post so sorry for the late reply. Putnam was a blast! In fact, it was such a blast that I went back last weekend for more with some new RE11's mounted! These cars don't get anymore at-home than when they are on a road course, and because they are so comfortable (for such a capable handling machine) the drive to and from the track is eaten up with zero driver fatigue.

This was my first time on Putnam (April) but not my first time on a track, but I can say it was truly a gift to have Dave and Jim on hand, especially since they have 100's of track events logged on the NSX platform and probably ran Putnam over 120 times between the two of them. I highly recommend catching up with them for your first time on track in your NSX. From the April event:

NSXFB2.jpg

NSXFB5.jpg

Back