• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

STMPO race products - New product offering- NSX Lightweight Aluminum Rear Bumper Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stmpo Race products is now offering NSX Lightweight Aluminum Rear Bumper Beams for a discounted price for the month on August.

We will be selling these for 449.50 on our website that is being launched sometime this month. So until that happens we are offering them to prime members for 400.00 pay pal shipped to your door.

The Stmpo Race Products NSX Lightweight Aluminum Rear Bumper Beam is a direct bolt on replacement of the factory rear beam. The mounting points of the license plate and valance are kept with strong nutserts and tabs.. use of OEM hardware is an additional benefit.

Our replacement beam weighs a total of 8.8 lbs. Much lighter than the original factory steel beam and also the aluminum replacement Acura made in the later models.

OEM steel beam - 23.7 oz - per ManiACURA's install

Originally Posted by MANIACura
Ok you asked for it.....REAR Bumper beam off a 1991 US Spec NSX. I was curious to see exactly how much weight I could safely save by replacing my rear beam. Pictures for proof.....

Looks like the US version is heavier due to the Brackets in the license plate area.

OEM 1991 Rear Beam Steel - 23.7 Pounds

STMPO Aluminum Replacement Beam (Prototype) - 8.8 Pounds

Weight Saved - 14.9 Pounds (Not bad....pretty easy install)

Thread found here.... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...ight+reduction

The STMPO Race Products NSX Lightweight Aluminum Rear Bumper Beam is superior to the other replacement beams on the market. It retains the original length that keeps the foam in the rear bumper cover... retaining the factory spec 5 mph bumper benefit. You don’t have to worry about frame damage due to a bump into anything.

Feel free to email questions to [email protected]

Or call down to the shop at 480-889-1483

Attachments

• beam on car.jpg
    beam on car.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 629
  • beam on car.logo.jpg
    beam on car.logo.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 431
  • beam on car.side angle.jpg
    beam on car.side angle.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 643
  • DSCF2382.jpg
    DSCF2382.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCF2383.jpg
    DSCF2383.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 799
  • DSCF2384.jpg
    DSCF2384.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 487
  • DSCF2385.jpg
    DSCF2385.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Resize of Copy of CIMG0890.jpg
    Resize of Copy of CIMG0890.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 458
  • Resize of Copy of CIMG0892.jpg
    Resize of Copy of CIMG0892.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 415
  • Resize_of_Copy_of_CIMG0897[1].jpg
    Resize_of_Copy_of_CIMG0897[1].jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
we have 8 of these in stock and and a couple reviews coming from some big names in the community... same pricing extended until further notice...

here are some other comments... about this part and or opperation for those who have not been here...

post 277-278
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78963&page=6&highlight=stmpo

post 33
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1047891#post1047891

Post Number 234
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87093&highlight=stmpo&page=5

post#23 & #33
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109360&highlight=stmpo

post #4
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1047888#post1047888

Cool part Ross!

I like mine! Good fit, saves weight, what more can you ask?

Dave

STMPO Race Products Aluminum Rear Bumper 8.8lbs, lighter that the 97 aluminum rear beam. Great product...we need more stuff!:biggrin:

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

STMPO Race Products Aluminum Rear Bumper 8.8lbs, lighter that the 97 aluminum rear beam. Great product...we need more stuff!:biggrin:

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

How much lighter than the 97 aluminum beam?

How much lighter than the 97 aluminum beam?

I don't want to answer this with direct numbers with decimals...ect...ect..ect

to many people google data even though I have digital scale readings..

I can tell you this... my beam weighs 8.8lbs... which is 10 lbs or more lighter than the 97+ rear beam...

Regards

I just finished installing the bumper and it fits perfectly. This thing looks SO much better than the OEM steel bumper, and it's aluminum!!!

1992 NSX:

Stock steel OEM bumper - 22.6lbs
STMPO aluminum bumper - 8.6lbs
14lb weight reduction

This is weight reduction at the furthest end of the car, reducing the 'pendulum effect' and polar moment of the car. Other than unsprung weight, removing weight from the bumper is one of the best places possible.

If you care atall about weight reduction or track your car, their's no reason not to get this product. The OEM bumper should have been aluminum.

OEM fit
Looks great
ALUMINUM - 14lb weight reduction
Fairly easy install

Great product STMPO!

Billy

Last edited:
I got one of these bumper beams the other day and had to dig to find the thread for it. I'm going to post pics as soon as I get it installed.
I'm not sure why this thread got lost but the current price seems to be less than the old posts here mention.

Ross are you going to raise the price on this item too?

Damn you Ross! this is exactly why i haven't visted your shop yet...I will leave there without a penny to my name and some of the best parts made for the NSX. Plan on seeing you this weekend, if i can sell my stock stuff that is :cool: i want that messiah

I have mine, but I'm not convinced it is installed correctly. The license plate is tilted (due to the mounting bolts being off) and the right rear of the bumper no longer alignes with the rear quarter perfectly. I did not do the install myself, so I will have to look into it. Again, I'm not sure whether the bumper beam is just slightly off, or if it is mounted up incorrectly. I will post my findings once I tear her apart.

I have mine, but I'm not convinced it is installed correctly. The license plate is tilted (due to the mounting bolts being off) and the right rear of the bumper no longer alignes with the rear quarter perfectly. I did not do the install myself, so I will have to look into it. Again, I'm not sure whether the bumper beam is just slightly off, or if it is mounted up incorrectly. I will post my findings once I tear her apart.

AAHHH... you are actually correct on the install... we had to figure this out too...

The brackets that bolt to the beam have a large flange bolt holding the frame to the bumper. The beam can actually float almost 1/2" left right and up and down.

Some adjusting is needed to the beam... give me a shout and I can walk you through it.

Regards

480-889-1483

Please share, I'm going to have to do this myself soon so any tips you have would be appreciated.

I found the page in the service manual about getting the bumper off.. so that's a start. :biggrin:

^^getting the bumper off was easier then i thought when i installed my DF 02 style rear valance..i used this:
http://downforce.biz/manual/DF-AAA330.pdf

had to tinker and look around to find the hex nut on each side since i've never did it before..heavy stuff once u got it off the car.

I used the same instructions from DF when I installed my rear valence, getting the bumper off is pretty easy and the bumper beam is easy to get out, the lights do not need to be removed. I would suggest having a second person around to help with getting the bumper lifted and secured when reinstalling. The hardest part for me while doing it alone was holding the bumper while re-attaching the plug for the licence plate lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back