• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock alarm goes off when using key in door

:confused: The alarm on my '92 goes off when I unlock the doors using the key, and I don't have keyless entry. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else experienced this? To avoid embarassment, I simply leave the doors unlocked all of the time. Is there an easy way of disarming it so that I can at least lock the doors? Suggestions??

Its very comon on all Acuras, the sensor in the door latch that tells the security system that you turned the key is not working properly...time for new latch assy :frown: JZ

Thanks! Not the lock assy....but the latch assy? How much is this?

I failed to mention earlier that for a little while, it wouldn't go off if I used the passenger door, but then that changed and it went off with both. Still sound like the sensor(s)?

This is not exactly simple but it is a solution that will get you by. See this link below:

http://www.blazen.com/mike/nsxmanual/page.php?page=1296

If you ground the Grn/Yel1 or Grn/Yel2, it will trick the security system into thinking the key switch is in the unlock position. It's easy for an security expert to do this.

I'm just guessing but I would imagine that the key switch can be cleaned up or fixed in such a way as to re-establish the ground signal that the security unit needs to disarm.

The sensor/switch is a magnetic style that has a piece attached that moves past the magnet to send the signal that the door was unlocked with the key, I have never heard of any way to clean or fix the sensor/switch....if someone has i would like to try it on my car :smile:

There is a svc bulletin on the problem 93-007 it decribes in detail how to replace the sensor/switch assys on eather door the Part Number for left door is 72154-SLO-AO1 and right is 72114-SLO-AO1 taking the door panel off is tricky so par close attn to the instructions in the bulletin..JZ

You dont have to replace the assy, just pry it apart like an oreo and clean and bend the contacts for more spring tension. I've done mine a couple of months ago and I haven't had one false trigger ever since. I was also able to remove it without removing the window sash . It was a little tricky and I had to use forceps but I was done in 30 minutes http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15661&stc=1

The legend security system switch/sensors were the magnetic type and could not be cleaned or repaired.. if you have had luck cleaning/adjusting these switches I will give it a try!! :smile:

Zennsx said:
You dont have to replace the assy, just pry it apart like an oreo and clean and bend the contacts for more spring tension. I've done mine a couple of months ago and I haven't had one false trigger ever since. I was also able to remove it without removing the window sash . It was a little tricky and I had to use forceps but I was done in 30 minutes http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15661&stc=1

I also have this problem (with the driver's door).Could you be more specific about the location of the assembly in question that needs to be pried apart.
In the picture link, exactly what part/unit needs to be removed?

westernb4 said:
I also have this problem (with the driver's door).Could you be more specific about the location of the assembly in question that needs to be pried apart.
In the picture link, exactly what part/unit needs to be removed?

The large circle is the switch .The small circle is a latch arm which must be removed. The blue line points to the switch arm which is held in place by a small pin which must be pryed with a jewelers screwdriver then carefully removed with a pair of forceps.Once the pin is removed,the switcharm (blue line ) must be pulled out .250" (or so)and rotated out of the way,the other connector on the switcharm is left intact. just beneath the switch arm is the other phillips screw which must be removed .Once both phillips screws are removed the switch can be removed outside the door but is still tethered by the swich wires. pull the switch apart like an oreo an bend the contacts slightly for more spring tension and also clean the contacts . Its a little tricky pulling the switch pin but I did it and so can anyone with a steady hand. Also loosen the allen head bolts holding the latch assy,they are located on the on the side of the door. This will give you a little play so you can move the assy.

Attachments

• Door latch.jpg
    Door latch.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 242
Zennsx said:
The large circle is the switch .The small circle is a latch arm which must be removed. The blue line points to the switch arm which is held in place by a small pin which must be pryed with a jewelers screwdriver then carefully removed with a pair of forceps.Once the pin is removed,the switcharm (blue line ) must be pulled out .250" (or so)and rotated out of the way,the other connector on the switcharm is left intact. just beneath the switch arm is the other phillips screw which must be removed .Once both phillips screws are removed the switch can be removed outside the door but is still tethered by the swich wires. pull the switch apart like an oreo an bend the contacts slightly for more spring tension and also clean the contacts . Its a little tricky pulling the switch pin but I did it and so can anyone with a steady hand. Also loosen the allen head bolts holding the latch assy,they are located on the on the side of the door. This will give you a little play so you can move the assy.

Thank you.

There is a svc bulletin on the problem 93-007 it decribes in detail how to replace the sensor/switch assys on eather door the Part Number for left door is 72154-SLO-AO1 and right is 72114-SLO-AO1 taking the door panel off is tricky so par close attn to the instructions in the bulletin..JZ
I just went through this. A couple of notes:

- The part (in my case, the right side) was on back order and took a couple of weeks to get.

- Watch out for the labeling. I ordered the right side part number. What they sent was the right side part, inside a box which was labeled with the left side part number.

Back