• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock CD Changer Question

I have a good after-market radio (Alpine CDA-9835) in dash, but I am considering putting the stock changer back into the trunk, because I want the selection option. Two questions: Will the stock changer work with this Alpine? And, what is the quality of the Acura Changer? Who makes it? Should I get another brand? Thanks in advance.

David.

93BlkOnBlkNSX said:
I have a good after-market radio (Alpine CDA-9835) in dash, but I am considering putting the stock changer back into the trunk, because I want the selection option. Two questions: Will the stock changer work with this Alpine? And, what is the quality of the Acura Changer? Who makes it? Should I get another brand? Thanks in advance.

David.
It is an Alpine changer - with the modern deck however, it would be better to have the comparable Alpine modern changer for your head unit which will operate on the AiNet control vs the older MBUS OEM unit. (You would need a "switcher" cable to adapt the old change rto the new head (similar to the cable that is required when adapting new changer to OEM head!) if you decided to use the OEM one)

The new CHA-S634 model changer will also give you the advantage of MP3.

From Alpine site -
features of the CDA-9835
CD Changer control:
CD Text Display/Scroll
Disc Play/Pause
Disc Title Memory
Forward/Backward
M.I.X. One/All (Random Play One or All)
MP3 Changer Ready (CHA-S634)
MP3 Text Information Display (ID3 Tag)
Multi-CD Changer Control (with KCA-410C)
Music Scan/Repeat
Music Sensor Up/Down
Quick SearchTM Function with MP3 Playback Changer (CHA-S634)

You know you can also add Alpine SAT radio (sirius or XM) with your CDA-9835 head unit controlling the receiver directly. You don't have to choose between the CD changer or SAT - you can have both if you like! It's a nice feature to have everything operate directly off your head or remote. Similarly you can also get an ipod or hard drive controlled directly!

Last edited:
Thanks, D'Ecosse, that answered my question, and one that I didn't even ask. I appreciate it.

Back