• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

stock head unit question

Cruz Bay, St. John USVI & Sopers Hole, Tortola BVI
I just bought my NSX and all the stereo stuff was stripped out except for the door speakers. I have the stock center speaker and the floor sub/amp on the way and i was told I can only use these with the stock head unit, there is an alpine in there now (POS) and i can not find a stock one anywhere, I finally found someone who has a stock head unit for a 99 nsx...I have a 92. Will that unit work? Thanks so much. Alix

Alixp81 said:
I just bought my NSX and all the stereo stuff was stripped out except for the door speakers. I have the stock center speaker and the floor sub/amp on the way and i was told I can only use these with the stock head unit, there is an alpine in there now (POS) and i can not find a stock one anywhere, I finally found someone who has a stock head unit for a 99 nsx...I have a 92. Will that unit work? Thanks so much. Alix
You were told incorrectly that the Alpine will not work with the Bose speaker assemblies - it will but you need to create a harness adapter (can be done for less than $20). What kind of console is in there? If it has already been modified (or replaced) to accomodate an Alpine H/U, then going to an OEM H/U will require finding an unmolested OEM console in addition to the H/U itself.
On the second part, as Miami has already stated the head units from all years are interchangable.
Incidentally I wouldn't bet too much on the OEM door speakers that you already have being in working condition - if original from your 92 they have high degree of certainty to be blown (common failure)

Back