• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock rotor top hat thickness?

Does anyone have a caliper (for measurement) and a stock front rotor laying around? I’m curious how to thick the top hats are, a pretty precise measurement would be ideal. That is, how much do the top hats push the front wheel out from the hub? It’ll probably be somewhere between say 4mm and like 10mm

My bbk has 7mm thick top hats. Im wondering if I’m running more offset than stock because of the top hats

According to Stoptech templates, they are 5mm thick vs 9mm for stoptech, take a look here:

https://centricparts.com/SiteData/media/MediaLibrary/Files/WheelFitment/98-055-2430-02_FP.pdf

So your brakes with 7mm should make your wheels move 2mm out

Does anyone have a caliper (for measurement) and a stock front rotor laying around? I’m curious how to thick the top hats are, a pretty precise measurement would be ideal. That is, how much do the top hats push the front wheel out from the hub? It’ll probably be somewhere between say 4mm and like 10mm

My bbk has 7mm thick top hats. Im wondering if I’m running more offset than stock because of the top hats

I'll check for you tonight.

Back