• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock Security Sensor in door?

My 91 seems to be having problems when unlocking the door.

After I lock the car using the door switch, and come back and put the key in to open the door, the alarm sounds...which is very odd sine the door does unlock and the rod does go up telling me that the door is being unlocked. The stock alrarm just goes off, which is embarrasing, so I have to sit there and keeping turning the key to the lock and unlock position until the alarm finally turns off. When I do this, the door is being locked and unlocked, but I don't understand why doesn't it just unlock without the alarm going off? I'm sick of it and I don't just want to buy an alarm just yet to solve the problem.

Any suggestions on what is going on with this?...or if it has been posted before can you just please, link me to a thread...I searched but came up with nothing.

Thanks.

Does this happen if you unlock the passenger door or just the drivers door?

If so - do you have remote door locks?

If you have remote door locks does it work?

If you answer No to the first, Yes to the second and No to third question - I may have an answer.

:redface:

rae said:
Does this happen if you unlock the passenger door or just the drivers door?

If so - do you have remote door locks?

If you have remote door locks does it work?

If you answer No to the first, Yes to the second and No to third question - I may have an answer.

:redface:

It happens to the passenger door too...but less likely than the driver side, but is does happen.

And also I do not have remote door locks, just the turn key old school way.

Please!, chime in..I'm open to any suggestions. :smile:

On my 92 - I had the same problem - what I found out that my keyless remote system had blown a 3 amp fuse - I could lock the doors manually but only could unlock the passengers door without the alarm going off. If I locked the doors and unlocked and opened the drivers door the alarm would go off. Once I found the electrical diagram, tracked down the keylees remote controller, located and replaced the fuse - the problem went away. COme to think of it it wasn't in the control unit, but was a in line fuse under the glove compartment.

Attachments

• Remote Fuse replacement tray screws.JPG
    Remote Fuse replacement tray screws.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 188
rae said:
Wrong Pic. Here is the fuse.

I took ou the gaurd under the glove, but didn't see the fuse you are talking about, or the control module connected to the gaurd in the picture above. Maybe mind didn't come with it? since the previous owner didn't get the option?

But so far no luck in finding the wire you are talking about....do i need to take off the entire glove box assembly?

Thanks, Rae...for your suggestions and advise.

The door alarm key switch is bad. This switch tells the alarm system the key opened the door. If it fails to send the signal to the alarm system, it sets it off. There is a TSB on it in the FAQ.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/tsb/93-007.htm

PITA to replace, but cured it for me:):)

HTH,
LarryB

hmm....I wonder if they will do a good will fix?..Most likely not since its a 91 but I'll give it a shot.

Well I took apart the door yesterday, but not the unit itself. I bought some electrical cleaner and blasted the harness. While I was in there I also clean the door switch and other harness, but so far so good. The door now unlocks fine without setting the alarm off. I just hope this hold up until I install an alarm system.

But thanks to all that posted a suggestion!

My '94 does this now as well when I unlock the driver side door with the key. If you unlock the passenger side door with the key it does not happen. It is a real pain in the a$$, and quite embarassing. Is it most likely the same problem as the '91-'93 NSX's?? I am guessing it must be since my '91 also does it. Any knowledgable confirmation of this theory is appreciated. Thanks.

Back