• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock suspension and aftermarket wheels

Is there any particular wheel color, size that will look decent enough on stock suspension? I’m really reluctant to lower my car but the white regamaster wheels seem to accentuate the wheel gap and that 4x4 look…would silver or bronze wheel look better?

Is there any particular wheel color, size that will look decent enough on stock suspension? I’m really reluctant to lower my car but the white regamaster wheels seem to accentuate the wheel gap and that 4x4 look…would silver or bronze wheel look better?

What color is your NSX? I find that the more spokes, the more the wheel appears to "fill" the space. Wheels like the ZE40, MF10 really fill the space. [MENTION=11589]N-Wing[/MENTION] has a set that really fill, but I can't remember what they are.

On color, it depends on car color in my opinion. Bronze looks amazing on some colors and hideous on others.

Last edited:
What color is your NSX? I find that the more spokes, the more the wheel appears to "fill" the space. Wheels like the ZE40, MF10 really fill the space. [MENTION=11589]N-Wing[/MENTION] has a set that really fill, but I can't remember what they are.

On color, it depends on car color in my opinion. Bronze looks amazing on some colors and hideous on others.

My car is formula red. I’m probably going to break down and lower the car but just wanted to see if there’s a decent option with stock suspension. Makes sense with the spokes though.

yep your white wheels on a red car and black tires making the stock gap .......gappy.....too bad they don't make colored tires to match wheels......maybe try some white walls....:)

Friends don’t let friends ride 4X4 NSX’s... as someone who purchased a Nsx with after market wheels but stock suspension, first order of business was to address the height.

Friends don’t let friends ride 4X4 NSX’s... as someone who purchased a Nsx with after market wheels but stock suspension, first order of business was to address the height.

Lol. You’re right. I got my act together and put together this Koni Dali spring combo today. Got done right at 3pm for the football game. Haha. Not ready for kw3s quite yet.

28648245ea32908c5cd629e25ad5151f.jpg

Last edited:
Well…I got the stock suspension off with no issues but I didn’t realize this Koni kit is such a pain to install. Aborting and going to order kw3s. Holy hell. I’ve done so many suspensions in my life but this thing is something else. Issue is the rears, the damn Dali springs aren’t short enough to just drop in. Just ranting…don’t want to pry or do something stupid to get this to fit. Should’ve gotten coilovers from the get go and I’d be done already.

Last edited:
Well…I got the stock suspension off with no issues but I didn’t realize this Koni kit is such a pain to install. Aborting and going to order kw3s. Holy hell. I’ve done so many suspensions in my life but this thing is something else. Issue is the rears, the damn Dali springs aren’t short enough to just drop in. Just ranting…don’t want to pry or do something stupid to get this to fit. Should’ve gotten coilovers from the get go and I’d be done already.

You can always drop the lower control arms to gain the space- just two bolts each. Make sure to mark them to preserve your alignment settings!

nZ timely thread. I to am about to replace tires on my bone stock 91 with 29k original miles and yes stock 15/16 wheels. Anyone have any recommendations as to aftermarket wheel choices that are still available that do not require any mods? I've owned quite a few cars, and I'm not sure i've seen a car with as many confusing wheel stories as the Nsx.

If you leave behind the OEM sizes for your early car just go to the later 17/17...the interim 16/17 has fewer choices..

Thanks John, that's what I was thinking looking at some of the tire and wheel sites and what pops up. Looks like a number of 17/7.5 & 17/9 setups. Are those typically bolt on ready for non modified 91-93 models without lowering/mods etc?

Yes and the stance should be sportier with the Dali/koni combo..

Yes and the stance should be sportier with the Dali/koni combo..

Yes, without a doubt.

Has anyone seen or have any familiarity with an aftermarket wheel that is a bigger 5 spoke in 17/18 inch formats? I saw a custom job with those fifteen52 tarmac wheels some years ago which was the look I was trying to get, but I do not believe they do custom forged wheels anymore. They had the look of the original 91-93 style but obviously a more aggressive stance, with the wheel wells filled up. I've looked at so many pics over the years my head spins. LOL

Back