• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Storage for extra tires and wheels???

Actually this looks like a pretty good solution. I stack mine vertically on the corner of the garage but prefer this option since the corner can be used for an air compressor :wink:

i just have my track wheels/tires lined up parallel with one wall in the garage. Anything perpendicular would take up to much space!

Guys it may be somewhat pricey but the metal large gorrilla rack system I got at Sam's club works great.

Guys it may be somewhat pricey but the metal large gorrilla rack system I got at Sam's club works great.
We have several of the Seville wire rack systems from Sam's Club.
They hold up to 600lbs per shelf (have not tested that!), and are fully modular so the shelves can be set at any height desired.
Oh, and the best feature is that they are on wheels so are easily moved (yes, even when loaded) :cool:

http://www.sevilleclassics.com/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/20595/catid/155

Brian

Last edited:
I've got most of mine in the storage building but that rack thing looks pretty intriguing. Some more in the attic above the garage. Not easy getting a set of 18" wheels/tires up a ladder and into the attic. Oh yeah, couple more sets of 33" in the Bronco that doesn't run. Maybe I need to get rid of some of them? Nah. Are three sets of wheels for each car a bit excessive?

:biggrin:

Last edited:
metal rack looks good, I keep mine on the boat trailer, no room in the garage

I've GOT the metal rack from Tire Rack. Clean and simple, easy to put up. Same problem, 3 sets of wheels with tires and 4 extra tires. Brian is right, 2x4 would be a cheaper solution but definitely not as cool looking.
Tim

Back