• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

strange 'woooo' sounds when launching

I'm getting a strange 'woooo' sound when I accelerate hard from a stand still in 1st gear. The sound only last about 1 second or less. It ONLY happens at the stop light on hills and 3k or above rpm launches on level ground. When driven normally (taking it easy), no noise whatsoever. The clutch seems to be gripping ok and I'm not experiencing any slipping.

Any idea?

The car has:
Dali rebuilt clutch
Dali lightweight flywheel
Short gears

Please help.

Henry.

Mine does the same. I got a clutch redone by LArry at NSX modified, Still does it after 4000 miles of use.

I thought it sounded like the clutch was slipping or something. does it going up hills for me too..

any one else have this sound?

Sounds like tire noise to me. Turn the TCS off and see if you're spinning the tires. With the system on you would be right on the point of tire spin and the howl could be coming from the rear tires.

I hear a similar sound when letting out the clutch with too much gas (excessive clutch slip). Try modifying your clutch release speed and listen if the sound changes.

My 1992 NSX has 45K miles and stock clutch.

Bryan Zublin

[This message has been edited by BryanZublin (edited 18 April 2002).]

Me too...

I hear this noise, but it's usually with an unsuspecting passenger sitting next to me.

wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Back