• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Street value of NSX to drop??

Depends on the year. I don't think the early ones will decline much at all as a result of the new model introduction.

And judging from the minimal performance mods - no big brakes and no big HP - even the later model first gen NSXs should not be impacted much.

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
And judging from the minimal performance mods - no big brakes and no big HP - even the later model first gen NSXs should not be impacted much.

No one knows yet what kind of performance gains the 2004 will have. We can probably expect something pretty significant though.

Why dont they just hookup with Mark Basch and supercharge/intercool all of them.Give bad-a$% brakes and a (GRIP)=fistful of $100.00 dollar bills in the glove compartment??

------------------

I think they've already dropped. Because of the economy and market situation there are several listed for sale in various places that are obviously being dumped by cash-strapped individuals. That is not a good thing for owners who are able to hold on to their cars for now, but may want to sell later. One more example of a car not being a good investment....

The late model ('97+) car values have dropped. I think part of the reason for this is not just the economy, but also the terrific incentives that Honda is offering on the 2001 model, with selling prices around $70K for a brand new NSX-T. Given that, it's almost a no-brainer that four-year-old '97 models aren't selling in the sixties any more.

The older coupes might be off by a grand or two, but no more. There's a lot of demand for well-kept early models with moderate mileage, from people willing to step into the market around the $30K threshold.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 18 December 2001).]

I think that the price of the early models has fallen more than nsxtacy would like to think. A year or two ago, finding any early nsx for less than the mid-30's was unusual; now the norm for 91's seems to be in the high 20's.
Lots of factors playing a role: world events, winter season, cars accumulating years and mileage, and imminent release of new model(s).

I think that the price of the early models has fallen more than nsxtacy would like to think. A year or two ago, finding any early nsx for less than the mid-30's was unusual; now the norm for 91's seems to be in the high 20's.

Only for cars that have high mileage (100K+) or poor condition or title problems or automatic transmission. A well-maintained '91 five-speed in excellent condition with moderate miles (say, 50K) should still sell in the thirties, either by a dealer or by a private party; maybe $31-33K instead of $33-35K a year or two ago, but not in the twenties.

Right, NetViper?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 December 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

Only for cars that have high mileage (100K+) or poor condition or title problems or automatic transmission. A well-maintained '91 five-speed in excellent condition with moderate miles (say, 50K) should still sell in the thirties, either by a dealer or by a private party; maybe $31-33K instead of $33-35K a year or two ago, but not in the twenties.

Right, NetViper?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 December 2001).][/B]

Ken is right. It is still very hard to find a 91-92 NSX with 50-60K for less than 32K. Automatics are a totally different story. You can easily pick an an auto with the same mileage for 25-28k.

When the new model -2004 - comes out, I don't expect to see the price of the 91's drop any lower. They seem to have bottomed out at 30K.

You will every now and then hear about someone getting a great deal on a 91-93 for under 30, but that is a rarity.

Of the cars that I have personally looked it (within the past 6 months) prices were:
92 NSX 70K miles - 28,000 (bank repot)
91 NSX 90K miles - sold for 27,000+ on ebay. It did not have a clean record.
91 NSX AUTO with 80K miles with brand new transmission for 26,000.

Hope that helps.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Back