• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stroker Club

So is it recommended NOT to go 3.8L then? Any reliability issues? Also can someone let me know the parts for the kit to buy from Brian Crower?
In my experience none of these things are sold as a kit. The closest to a kit you'll find for the NSX is from Toda and SOS. Comptech can probably put something together for you also. HQ Engineering has their own flavor as well.

In my experience the frequency of rebuilds increases the higher in displacement you go.

About 15 yrs ago in 2007 I was one of the early 3.8 SOS builds. Initially had some problems with coolant getting in the oil
Tony Palo at T1 Race here in Dallas ended up machining out an OEM head gasket to make it work
6-7 yrs later I lost compression in the #1 cylinder, sent the car back to SOS had it re-sleeved to 3.6L and added the SOS twin turbos
Much prefer this TT setup
Have 241,000 miles as my daily driver, very happy with it and would highly recommend this route over the 3.8 build

Can you explain this in laymans terms! :LOL

What he means is that if you are staying NA and therefore in that 350 hp range, our cars being relatively light, benefit from the shorter gear ratios and 4.23 R&P of the jdm type R...also a lighter flywheel makes the drive more sporty. A 6 speed swap technically is even better...but bottom line If you are crazy enough to go stroker ace..then also modding the tranny/clutch helps to elevate the experience..

As far as referring you to a local shop….
Unfortunately Tony Palo at T1 race in Royce City now ONLY works on GTRs, exclusively
I used a shop in Carrolton off I35 that I won’t name and had a very poor experience there
There may be other places across the country, but the only place I can recommend is SOS in Chandler, AZ
Put the car on a trailer and send it out there. They have all the experience in the world. Been there, done that, they have the knowledge and again, the experience to do what you need done.
Good Luck

What he means is that if you are staying NA and therefore in that 350 hp range, our cars being relatively light, benefit from the shorter gear ratios and 4.23 R&P of the jdm type R...also a lighter flywheel makes the drive more sporty. A 6 speed swap technically is even better...but bottom line If you are crazy enough to go stroker ace..then also modding the tranny/clutch helps to elevate the experience..
Correct! Except for.. did you mean 250wHP range or did you really mean NA at 350 hp range? I guess if we he went 3.8L it's achievable but requires some crazy effort!

Lol I was being optimistic with the stroker club...thinking maybe some of these could have 350 crank hp...:confused:

looking forward to that...

Back