• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stroker Club

There are a quite a number of you in this club! Any reviews or numbers thus far? How is this setup holding up?

Mine has about a thousand miles on it so far. Still running strong. But now I wish the car was more comfortable to drive. :(

Is your car riding too stiff or clutch too stiff?

Yes. ;)

It's much more of a track car than a street car. Rides stiff, my left quad is huge, hard to get in and get out of.

But really, I only feel that way when I try to get in and out and when I'm on pot-holed streets. Other than that, it's perfect bliss.

LOL.....Well for your application the centerforce clutch is close to stock pedal feel.....as far as suspension goes what are you on? I am on the JIC FLTA2's.....they are stiff, but not over bearing for me.....only when I am on bumpy roads I feel it more......especially if you have to go pee! :eek:

Get some JRZ's and it should feel a lot better :smile:

Other than that love the sound of your engine.....I remember hearing jon's motor and its pure bliss when you hear that thing coming and going.

LOL.....Well for your application the centerforce clutch is close to stock pedal feel.....as far as suspension goes what are you on? I am on the JIC FLTA2's.....they are stiff, but not over bearing for me.....only when I am on bumpy roads I feel it more......especially if you have to go pee! :eek:

Get some JRZ's and it should feel a lot better :smile:

Other than that love the sound of your engine.....I remember hearing jon's motor and its pure bliss when you hear that thing coming and going.

I think the only other clutch I've really considered was the Tilton Carbon (paid Dali for it but never received). For the track the Exedy is great but for street driving...meh. But maybe I'm just getting spoiled with the daily drivers.

I'm running the Comptech Pro. It's a tad stiff.

I really need to get on the ball with putting some videos up. I'll try and do that soon.

I think the only other clutch I've really considered was the Tilton Carbon (paid Dali for it but never received)

That can't be true, Shawn. I heard from this one guy that his cousin's sister's neighbor's cat's vet's receptionist's boyfriend bought something from Dali and it actually showed up. So, that proves he's honest. ; )

I have over 16,000 miles on 3.8L NA done by SOS 18 mo ago. Mine is a daily driver with stock suspension & a SOS centerforce clutch.

I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension, but still stock height for the many pot holes in Dallas streets. Looking for a similar ride, possibly Tein Flex?

I like the car a lot, 161,000 miles total

Sweet. Welcome to the family. ;)

- serialNSXer: 3.8L NA
- kip: 3.5L FI
- igor 3.5L FI
- Ponyboy: 3.6L NA
- Spooler: 3.3L NA
- Jon Martin: 3.8L NA
- Oakley dude: 3.8L NA
- bchang99: 3.8L NA
- Frank C: 3.8L NA
- Brandonson: 3.5L FI
- JeffShoots: 3.5L NA/FI
- SMLYDOC: 3.8L NA

I have over 16,000 miles on 3.8L NA done by SOS 18 mo ago. Mine is a daily driver with stock suspension & a SOS centerforce clutch.

I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension, but still stock height for the many pot holes in Dallas streets. Looking for a similar ride, possibly Tein Flex?

I like the car a lot, 161,000 miles total

SMYLDOC, out of curiousity, what does it dyno?

Yes. ;)

It's much more of a track car than a street car. Rides stiff, my left quad is huge, hard to get in and get out of.

But really, I only feel that way when I try to get in and out and when I'm on pot-holed streets. Other than that, it's perfect bliss.

I believe that's called old age Shaun. :tongue:

I think the only other clutch I've really considered was the Tilton Carbon (paid Dali for it but never received). For the track the Exedy is great but for street driving...meh. But maybe I'm just getting spoiled with the daily drivers.

I'm running the Comptech Pro. It's a tad stiff.

I really need to get on the ball with putting some videos up. I'll try and do that soon.

Yeah you have stuff that is kick ass for track use/street use.....I use to like the heavy pedal clutch feel when I had different clutches on my prelude, but not anymore.

I havent rode in a car with the comptech pros ,so I can't comment on that.

Post some videos when you can.

smyldoc- you are a sleeper car running around.....lol

From those of you who who are running 3.5L FI, what crank are you using and who did your build as well as your turbo/SC?

Thanks,

Josh

Hi,

i'm an NA guy, and i'm curious about 3 things:

1 - As i Live overseas, i just can't hand my car to Jon Martin, so, how much would cost me a turn key solution from him, if i had a engine shipped to him??

2 - Maintenance care these engines need, over the stock engine that is??

3 - As i drive my car all the time, how the reliability of a Stroked engine to 3.8L as the milles pilled up in it?? (talking about like +100.000kms)

Can anyone help me?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks,
Nuno

hi there im from Montreal, Quebec. Canada. i have about 4000 miles so far done on my 3.8L stroker. And this summer my mechanic found antifreeze in my cylinders, and a blown head gasket.
I'm curious if anyone has had this problem before. im very disappointed my engine was perfect before i did this conversion. and now with just 4000 miles, PROBLEMS

hi there im from Montreal, Quebec. Canada. i have about 4000 miles so far done on my 3.8L stroker. And this summer my mechanic found antifreeze in my cylinders, and a blown head gasket.
I'm curious if anyone has had this problem before. im very disappointed my engine was perfect before i did this conversion. and now with just 4000 miles, PROBLEMS

Anyone else having issues? I'm wondering how close stock reliability the stroked engines are.

Oh yeah where is the 3.5 coming from as I see 3.4 and 3.6-8 but no 3.5 on SOS site

Last edited:
My 3.6L had bore alignment issues (SOS postulation) in the first rebuild but has been running strong ever since. I'm fairly sure I have over 3k on the rebuild. Couple track events, street/highway driving, and lots of test drives by my buddies.

I believe only Shad does the 3.5L. Oh, and Toda. ;)

apparently its a compromised head-gasket do to over pressure.
i don't know i hope the problem gets fixed with a new head-gasket. im really disappointed. yes the builder is being helpful even do the one year warranty is over.

Anyone else having issues? I'm wondering how close stock reliability the stroked engines are.

Oh yeah where is the 3.5 coming from as I see 3.4 and 3.6-8 but no 3.5 on SOS site

The Comptech 3.5 that Shad is using in all of his stroker builds has a 86mm stroke with a 93mm bore (same bore as stock 3.2). Chris might have the same formula but I'm not sure.

The Comptech 3.5 that Shad is using in all of his stroker builds has a 86mm stroke with a 93mm bore (same bore as stock 3.2). Chris might have the same formula but I'm not sure.

Thanks! Sounds like that's the best choice for the 3.2 guys for reliability.

I'm not sure if i'm in the club.
I received Chris@sos engine about 3 months ago.
It's his own car's engine 3.3 with cams... Chris claimed the engine is at 320whp.

Engine had been sitting on engine stand for last few months.
I had the SoS twin Carbon clutch right by it, along with the AEM computer, defi gauges, and even a set of stoptech BBK.

current economy and lack of pace at my local track (gets blk flag whenever I run closed to my personal best lap time by driving aggressively) Combination of them stopped my modification bugs.

Last edited:
Not sure. Sounds like the pistons were changed out, but I don't know whether you are bored or not. Doubt the crank was touched.

As for myself, I'm in the club with a 9.5:1 Comptech 3.5L. The car is getting hended over to LoveFab very soon, so updates will follow.

IIRC, the bore on that engine was changed to 95mm so I think you're ok as a new club member. ;)

So welcome NSXDreamer2 and Juice as new club members. You'll be contacted soon by our new membership dept with official member number, sticker, and certificate of authenticity. :)

I'm not sure if i'm in the club.
I received Chris@sos engine about 3 months ago.
It's his own car's engine 3.3 with cams... Chris claimed the engine is at 320whp.

Engine had been sitting on engine stand for last few months.
I had the SoS twin Carbon clutch right by it, along with the AEM computer, defi gauges, and even a set of stoptech BBK.

current economy and lack of pace at my local track (gets blk flag whenever I run closed to my personal best lap time by driving aggressively) Combination of them stopped my modification bugs.

Revised Member List:

- serialNSXer: 3.8L NA
- kip: 3.5L FI
- igor 3.5L FI
- Ponyboy: 3.6L NA
- Spooler: 3.3L NA
- Jon Martin: 3.8L NA
- Oakley dude: 3.8L NA
- bchang99: 3.8L NA
- Frank C: 3.8L NA
- Brandonson: 3.5L FI
- JeffShoots: 3.5L NA/FI