• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stroker Club

Yeah, it sounds like it's a gentlemen's establishment but it really has more to do with owners that have bored and/or stroked their stock powerplant. I'm interested to know of others that own an NSX with various degrees of "stroke" (3.3L to 3.8L) - albeit FI or NA - just out of curosity.

IIRC,

- serialNSXer: 3.8L NA
- kip: 3.5L FI
- igor 3.5L FI
- Ponyboy: 3.6L NA
- Spooler: 3.3L NA
- Jon Martin: 3.8L NA
- Oakley dude: 3.8L NA
- bchang99: 3.8L NA
- Frank C: 3.8L NA
- Brandonson: 3.5L FI
- JeffShoots: 3.5L NA/FI
- SMLYDOC: 3.8L NA

So who else has increased engine displacement? I know more are out there...

Last edited:
Jon Martin- 3.8L Stroker and designer(3.3L-3.8L)
Frank C.- 3.8L Stroker
Anil(serialnsxer)- 3.8L Stroker
One guy from Oakley who designs the cool O logo-3.8L Stroker(currently being built)
Eddie C.(bchang99)-3.8L Stroker
All these are built by JM and FC and tuned by former AEM R&D Engineer Mitch.

And the other guys you have mentioned
- kip: 3.5L super
- igor 3.5L turbo
- Ponyboy: 3.6L NA
- Spooler: 3.3L NA<---from so.cali :biggrin:

Edmund(edmo7)- 3.8L who sold the car to SOS built by SOS.

Last edited:
I am having Shad at Driving Ambition finish the 3.5 Comptech stroker for me. It is a low compression build with Inconel exhaust valves, stainless intake valves, stronger springs and retainers. I will be using the 3.5 with my Lovefab Turbo system on low boost. Should be a fun ride !!:eek:

I am having Shad at Driving Ambition finish the 3.5 Comptech stroker for me. It is a low compression build with Inconel exhaust valves, stainless intake valves, stronger springs and retainers. I will be using the 3.5 with my Lovefab Turbo system on low boost. Should be a fun ride !!:eek:

B, let me know when it's finished and I'll add you to the list. Sounds awesome! What's the timeline for completion?

B, let me know when it's finished and I'll add you to the list. Sounds awesome! What's the timeline for completion?

It's hard to say. I think the engine will be completed next month but I probably will not have it in the car until fall.

Ha..Shad has one for me done but I don't know when I'm going to have the car ready. I have all the same stuff but add CTs last set of cams and billet mains :smile:
I also steel studded the heads did you end up doing that Brandonson?

With how the cars turning out I might sell it as I may be going a different way. Anyone want to buy a NEW 3.5L?

Ha..Shad has one for me done but I don't know when I'm going to have the car ready. I have all the same stuff but add CTs last set of cams and billet mains.

Jeff, I was wondering how you were coming along on your build. There were a set of billet mains from Realtime on eBay a couple months ago and I thought you'd be a good candidate for them.

So what other "direction" are you going now?

I'm building the billet mains check out the vendor sec. As for the car......it's getting stripped trying for 2200lbs :smile:

Jeff, I was wondering how you were coming along on your build. There were a set of billet mains from Realtime on eBay a couple months ago and I thought you'd be a good candidate for them.

So what other "direction" are you going now?

Ha..Shad has one for me done but I don't know when I'm going to have the car ready. I have all the same stuff but add CTs last set of cams and billet mains :smile:
I also steel studded the heads did you end up doing that Brandonson?

With how the cars turning out I might sell it as I may be going a different way. Anyone want to buy a NEW 3.5L?

Jeff,

I did use the steel inserts for my head studs. Why are you thinking of selling your 3.5 ? Is the car lighter than you anticipated now ?

Jeff,
Why are you thinking of selling your 3.5 ? Is the car lighter than you anticipated now ?

Way light don't know if a turbo is necessary but might be fun :tongue: I'm on the fence. I have ALL the best but is it too much :confused:

Thinking about selling my Comtech supercharger and build a 3.8 or 3.5, but I am worried about reliability compared to my current setup.

Why not the best of both worlds? A CT 3.5L W/high boost CTSC :wink:

For anyone interested in building a stroker engine (like me), I've put together an overview of the displacement options I'm aware of.

Does anyone know what the spacing of the cylinder bore centers is in an NSX block? If SoS recommends against 95mm pistons with forced induction, the cylinder walls must be getting thin at that diameter.

Attachments

• NSX engine displacement options.jpg
    NSX engine displacement options.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,148
Ah, OK. I thought rounding 3.51 up to 3.6 was rather generous. On your web page it still states, "3.6-3.8L custom engine package increases displacement from 3.0 to 3.6L-3.8L by way of increasing piston bore size from 90 to 92-95mm and increasing stroke from 78-88mm with the ScienceofSpeed Billet Stroker Crankshaft.", so that should probably be corrected.

There are a quite a number of you in this club! Any reviews or numbers thus far? How is this setup holding up?

Back