• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

suggestions on choosing new tires

I recently purchased a 94 NSX that needs new tires. I know about the OE tires and the
short life associated with them. I would like to use my car for spirited driving around town and would also like to use it for some long distance trips without running through a set of tires. could anybody give me their experiences with other than OE tire ? how much loss in handling is associated with the tire vs. OE tires? I would like to see 15 to 25 miles out of a set or is this a dream.

i just replaced the tires on my 2000 @10,150 miles... and i'm pretty easy on them. i bought the tires @tirerack.com and saved quite a bit of money over local dealer/tire shops... once you decide on the tire, i'd recommend you contact them re prices (i'm not affiliated with them in any way).

be well.
hal

Toyo's are great and last about 2-3 times as long as the orig Yoko's, and cost less.
I think they are better in the wet, and equal in dry. Latest ones are T1-S type.
My third set of Toyo's--I have 76K miles.

Back