• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Summer Olympics

On the evening news I heard what I could not believe,Bejing compelled or embaresed to combat the hiddeus choking pollution for the games they were going to literaly shut down Manufactureing/traffic,,and most wacky.....plant 300,000,000!!!!! trees:eek:Like they did'nt know they needed to do something how many years ago when they first learned they were chosen.

i think it's absurd that they think "not showing up to the opening ceremony" is sufficient in fighting violations against human rights. (btw, no president has ever attended a foreign olympics ceremony.... how is that even punishment..... and, above all, it's BUSH.... who cares if he shows up :rolleyes: )

wtf is going on??:confused:

Sadly every free nation knows the Chinese Government is gaining $ and strength on the backs of its' common people,and because of the import/export power the rest of the world just looks the other way:rolleyes: i mean they could probably decree that the losers of any events are to be jailed for not winning,,and the rest of the world would say .....ooookay,See you in the village!

Sadly every free nation knows the Chinese Government is gaining $ and strength on the backs of its' common people,and because of the import/export power the rest of the world just looks the other way:rolleyes: i mean they could probably decree that the losers of any events are to be jailed for not winning,,and the rest of the world would say .....ooookay,See you in the village!

true..... it's really scary; they're very powerful.

On the evening news I heard what I could not believe,Bejing compelled or embaresed to combat the hiddeus choking pollution for the games they were going to literaly shut down Manufactureing/traffic,,and most wacky.....plant 300,000,000!!!!! trees:eek:Like they did'nt know they needed to do something how many years ago when they first learned they were chosen.

Gotta do what you gotta do. Not sure how planting any trees right now is going to help much, last time I checked the olympics are in a few months right?

What you should do is put this in to the context of human induced global warming in the U.S. Let that sink in before you vote too passionately about costly pollution control here when our neighbors share our atmosphere.

For those in cali, it won't be long before you guys get your share of this pollution; it's coming across the ocean as we speak. I'll be in china from the 9th to the 22nd or so. I'll be in beijing for the first week or so, I'll let you know how many trees I see.

Back