• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Summit point Friday at the track

Has anyone done the Friday at the track event at summit point? I was thinking of doing this Friday but weather is supposed to be rainy so looking at the march 31 event on a Saturday. This one is on the Shenandoah circuit. Is one circuit better than the other? Anyone else interested? Runs 250 for a full day event. Half day classroom some skid pad time then half day of instructor lead track time. Not racing but a track driving course. http://www.summitpointfatt.com/

Has anyone done the Friday at the track event at summit point? I was thinking of doing this Friday but weather is supposed to be rainy so looking at the march 31 event on a Saturday. This one is on the Shenandoah circuit. Is one circuit better than the other? Anyone else interested? Runs 250 for a full day event. Half day classroom some skid pad time then half day of instructor lead track time. Not racing but a track driving course. http://www.summitpointfatt.com/

I will be there this Friday. Chance of rain is 20%.

I go all the time.. you will absolutely LOVE it. Summit Point main is the best course, I'm not a fan of the Shenandoah Circuit. You will be in Group 1, instructor led. I'm in Group 2 and solo without an instructor. If you plan to go, shoot me a direct message and we can exchange numbers. I have a very close friend coming as well and is bringing his Porsche.

Last edited:
From what I read if your are a newbie you are required to have an instructor in the car. So they give you like 4 20 min runs with an instructor. For 250 bucks seems like a pretty good deal. I may go this Friday. I will decide later today or tomorrow. I would rather not have rain the first time out but no guarantee it will not rain the next time or I will be in town for it.

From what I read if your are a newbie you are required to have an instructor in the car. So they give you like 4 20 min runs with an instructor. For 250 bucks seems like a pretty good deal. I may go this Friday. I will decide later today or tomorrow. I would rather not have rain the first time out but no guarantee it will not rain the next time or I will be in town for it.

Honestly, the chance of rain is slim. Even if it rains a bit in the morning and dries out as the day goes on, that's actually GOOD. You will start out slower and learn more control on smoother steering inputs, etc. and as the course dries out, you can increase speed as you gain more comfort and familiarity.

The $250 is a VERY good deal for what you get. You're correct, you receive 4 sessions, at 20 mins each, with about a 40 minute break in between each session or so. That break goes quick, you'll be checking tire pressure, getting gas if needed (gas/air pumps available), food, bathroom, or additional classroom time or even time on the skid pad with the cars they provide learning about over/understeer. It's a TON of fun and excellent learning experience. As long as you go with a completely open mind and do as told, you will have so much fun and learn so much, which applies not just to your car and the track, but also to the street in general.

are newbies allow to drive with an instructor as the passenger?

That's correct, you are ONLY allowed to drive with an instructor. You will be grouped with other novice. They won't allow novice drivers on the track alone until you have attended several sessions and have met certain criteria and/or have a competition license.

I will be there Friday for sure, anyone going is more than welcome to park with me in the paddock area and chat. :)

looks sold out.

They usually sell out WEEKS in advance, I'm surprised they still had openings a couple days prior... that's VERY rare.

Hope you're able to make it out next time. Purchase your spot well in advance. Well worth it, you'll have a blast! The weather today was excellent.

Inn fact, checking today... Only 12 tickets remain available out of a max of 30 slots for April 27. I expect it to be sold out in the next 7 days.

Back