• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercharged nsx, how quick?

I have just ordered a comptech supercharger from someone, who has only used it for about 3000 miles.

I have uprated header, exhaust.

How would my car compare against say a 996 TT, or a new 4.0 m3?

Anyone had any experience with these cars?

thanks

Re: Supercharged nsx, hiow quick?

Risking setting off the street-racer alarms, ... I stay fairly well-ahead of the 996 TT by a decent measure. No experience with the new M3 but am pretty sure based on other cars and what the mags say, it would be the same.

Hi-boost, aem, methanol and a few other things.

More important than all of that, the fun-factor is about to increase by about 50% for you. The NSX is one of the greatest cars made IMO, and this setup amongst a few others brings out the best of this car.

I have the whipple hi boost CTSC w/ AEM ECU/FPR/fuel pump/injectors etc. My bro owns a 996TT cab 6 spd. I have to say you will not be ahead by a decent amount. I think it would be a close race but cannot say which would win. His car is out of the box from Porsche is FAST. Regardless, I agree that the CTSC transforms the car to a different level. It literally is like driving a Civic when you go back to NA NSX. Incidentally, I am selling my CTSC setup here on prime if anyone is interested (shameless plug) only to go to more HP. Boost is friggin' addicting. Have fun but be safe.

Jeff

I will chime in.. I picked up my 2001 last night after a Comptech SC install. We had a NSX get together today with 15 NSX's there. (See southeast forum about Steve Gooding). Several test drives were given by my and EVERYONE that rode with me said that now they want one! A lot of smooth linear power and a bit of whine that is a purposeful noise.
My kit was purchased 3 years ago by another lister and was new in the box to me.
You should be happy. Jeff

My SC is the current? autorotor. Jeff

I think you will really enjoy the car, but you will be disappointed if you think you can easily out run 911 Turbos. M3's should not be too hard to beat.

My car is about flat with a 996TT down the straights. The F430s squeak ahead until around 130mph, at which point they start walking me.

02 with the base autorotor.

The right Accord,Neon or Civic will come along and blow your doors off.:eek:

Just enjoy your car. There is always another that is faster.:cool:

( You will walk a stock C6 Vette:biggrin:)

Anyone have one in Jacksonville? let's find out.:wink:

Actually, I think the two are pretty damn close. I would trade my vette for a 2002+ NSX fully with c/i/e and autorotor in a heartbeat. My wife however would not let me.

Last edited:

Key word being “stock”! I had a run in with a C6 just 2 weeks ago and from 70-100 I was about 2-3 cars ahead, but after 100 the guy didn’t just walk past me but more like ran past me!! At about 140 I let off because he was probably about 15-20 cars ahead of me!!! I highly doubt he was stock.:eek:

Key word being “stock”! I had a run in with a C6 just 2 weeks ago and from 70-100 I was about 2-3 cars ahead, but after 100 the guy didn’t just walk past me but more like ran past me!! At about 140 I let off because he was probably about 15-20 cars ahead of me!!! I highly doubt he was stock.:eek:

NOS!:biggrin:

Keep in mind here that there is a pretty large difference between a 2005-2007 vette and 2008+. The 07 dynos around 360rwhp, but the 08 is closer to 390rwhp! Guys with simple bolt-ons and a tune are pushing 420rwhp.

PS. I always buy a damn car the year before a major bump in HP occurs. :mad:

Last edited:
NOS!:biggrin:

Keep in mind here that there is a pretty large difference between a 2005-2007 vette and 2008+. The 07 dynos around 360rwhp, but the 08 is closer to 390rwhp! Guys with simple bolt-ons and a tune are pushing 420rwhp.

PS. I always buy a damn car the year before a major bump in HP occurs. :mad:

I think you’re right; it had to be NOS because he just all of a sudden blew by me like a bat out of hell!
As a Vette owner, would you say the power band/fun factor is more on the top end or the bottom?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDjo85NeiO0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDjo85NeiO0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As what Vin Diesel says...:biggrin:

I think you’re right; it had to be NOS because he just all of a sudden blew by me like a bat out of hell!
As a Vette owner, would you say the power band/fun factor is more on the top end or the bottom?

The car has power all-over. Midrange is the most fun. Unlike the NSX, which gets more fun as the RPM climb, the vette doesn't have a great-top end. The Z06 is a different animal.

Back