• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Superhatch's intro / Civic wagon guy buys an NSX

Hey everyone,

I've been a member here for 8 years or so, which is when I was initially debating about buying an NSX or the all new BRZ. As you all know, around that time 25K would buy either a new BRZ or good/fair condition NSX and so I went back and forth about what to buy. Eventually I decided that if NSXs were 25K now, imagine how cheap they would be in a couple years after I had my fill of the BRZ!

Well I did enjoy the BRZ for a few years but the engine was just such a letdown that even tuning and E85 wasn't enough to really enjoy the car. And with it's sale I went back to my Honda roots. I've owned 13 Honda's in the past and the NSX will be the 14th. I've been building, driving, and racing mainly 4th gens (88-91) so the NSX was always a car I wanted to have in my garage at some point.

As prices started to climb I realized it was now or never and sold my current RT4WD wagon ( Story here if interested: http://civicwagon.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-long-journey-home.html ) and planned on being project-car-less for a while until I saved up some seed money for an NSX. After discussing my plans with some friends I got a text a few weeks later from an unknown number "Your friend Scott said you were looking for an NSX." I texted back that I was, but planned on buying one in a year or so.

The deal was just what I was looking for though, an OEM 91 or 92 in good/fair condition that was going to need some work to get to what I wanted it to be. My wife actually talked me into it worried about what waiting a year was going to do to the market. So I flew out to Cali at the end of April, did the deal, and we drove back to WI with no AC or radio, and had a great time.

Since then I've become more involved in the site, and the community, and aside from the car I'm really happy to be part of NSXCA and this tight knit group. Looking forward to many years of ownership and the friends I'll meet along the way.

I'll be starting a build thread as well that I'll throw in here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/216779-Superhatch-s-OEM-rebuild

-Jacob

Last edited:
Eventually I decided that if NSXs were 25K now, imagine how cheap they would be in a couple years after I had my fill of the BRZ!

Hello Jacob

That made me laugh because I thought the same thing many many years ago. I also wish I bought mine back then. Oh well.

The good news is that you found one! Congratulations. I'm looking forward to your build.
I briefly checked out your Civic wagon. Impressive.

Nice always great to see a "tired" nsx going to a good home...

Hello Jacob

That made me laugh because I thought the same thing many many years ago. I also wish I bought mine back then. Oh well.

The good news is that you found one! Congratulations. I'm looking forward to your build.
I briefly checked out your Civic wagon. Impressive.

Thanks! My first Honda was a '92 Civic CX hatch which I learned to change a clutch on, and my last one I fully built a motor from the ground up. It's been a great journey learning about cars along the way. I encourage everyone to work on their car to some degree. I always say...it's mainly just nuts and bolts.

Welcome Jacob! I agree with [MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION]- it's always good to see one of these cars get rescued.

the old nsx is worth saving....

Cool story! I’m on the same boat. It really felt like now or never with prices going up and up. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=30329]Superhatch[/MENTION]

Jacob - congratulations and welcome to the NSX Ownership club. One thing I love about NSX owners is all of them that I have had to deal with have been incredibly giving of their time, parts, and knowledge to help fellow owners out and keep these great cars on the road and being enjoyed.

Here are some thoughts I have cobbled together upon reflection after 20 years of ownership...and I have been constantly updating the list as I learn new things.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...to-new-NSX-Owners-(and-maybe-some-not-so-new)

Welcome! I'm also a member of the Civic Wagon Offroad Club (just some sticker someone was selling on the forums that I have in a quarter window). I've also always been a 4th gen guy - CRX Si was my first love. Also had a hatch Si, but now currently DD a EK CX hatch (slowest car ever!!)

Congratulations on the NSX, don't ever sell it!

Congrat.... Haven't come across that NSX in SOCAL. NA1 original cars are rare these days.

Thanks! My first Honda was a '92 Civic CX hatch which I learned to change a clutch on, and my last one I fully built a motor from the ground up. It's been a great journey learning about cars along the way. I encourage everyone to work on their car to some degree. I always say...it's mainly just nuts and bolts.

Welcome! I'm also a member of the Civic Wagon Offroad Club (just some sticker someone was selling on the forums that I have in a quarter window). I've also always been a 4th gen guy - CRX Si was my first love. Also had a hatch Si, but now currently DD a EK CX hatch (slowest car ever!!)

Congratulations on the NSX, don't ever sell it!

Great to see another 4th gen guy around! The NSX feels a LOT like the 4th gens from the same era. Even though there aren't any parts bin parts in the NSX it still hast that great ergonomic feel as the Civic/CRX and you can see a lot of the same attention to detail in it.

Back