• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Support the cause (FXMD to Australia) - Buy STMPO in this special offer

FX Motorsports Development is a proud partner and now distributor of STMPO Race Products.

Through extensive research and testing, the FXMD-STMPO collaberation will result in new, improved, and best-in-class products to the NSX community. Stay tuned!

Support the cause:

As you may have heard, FXMD and our FX750 was invited to the World Time Attack Challenge (http://www.superlap.com.au/2009/) in Sydney, Australia to represent the United States in this World Stage. The best teams from Japan, England, Austrlia, and the US will be in attendance including: CyberEVO, Panspeed RX7, CUSCO/Tomei STi, Hi Octane R34 GTR, Sierra Sierra EVO, and many more.

This is the chance to show the world what U.S. teams can do and a chance for the NSX to show it's capabilities against the fastest time attack cars ever built. However this trip is going to be very expensive. Airfare, shipping, lodging, prep, food, etc... is going to cost in excess of $25K. While sponsors help to offset some of that money, it is still going to cost a lot to make the trip.

What you can do:

You can support the FXMD-Australia cause by purchasing STMPO Products. As a partner in this effort, STMPO is working with us to finish building the racecar as well as allowing for all proceeds and profit from this special offer to help fund this adventure.

PM or Email: [email protected] to order

Products and pricing for this special offer are below:

STMPO Aluminum Rear Bumper - $360 Shipped

STMPO-FXMDARB.jpg

STMPOrearbumper.jpg

The STMPO Race Products NSX Lightweight Aluminum Rear Bumper Beam is
Made in the USA and is superior to the other replacement beams on the market and is a direct bolt on replacement of the factory rear beam. It retains the original length that keeps the foam in the rear bumper cover, retaining the factory spec 5 mph bumper benefit. All OEM hardware mounting points (license plate, rear valence) are in tact and all OEM hardware is resused. This is a BOLT-IN piece. No fabrication necessary.

This replacement beam weighs a total of 8.8 lbs, and is much lighter than both the original factory steel beam as well as the aluminum beam used in the later models.

OEM 1991 Steel Rear Bumper - 23.7 Pounds
STMPO Aluminum Rear Bumper - 8.8 Pounds
Weight Reduction - 14.9 Pounds
<o></o>
"Whether your NSX is a track toy or your weekend-driven street car, there is no reason not to buy the STMPO Aluminum Bumper. This has to be one of the most underrated products for the NSX because of the substantial performance benefits and improved 'feel' it gives on track.. I was ecstatic to have this on my personal car." - Billy Johnson

This bumper reduces the weight of your car, improving gas mileage, handling, braking, and acceleration, any weight reduction is huge and it's hard to beat this bumpers weight reduction per dollar.

This bumper also reduces the Polar-moment of the NSX. The NSX has a long rear overhang with a very heavy OEM rear bumper. Porsches are known to be 'edgy' at the limit because all of the weight out back. The STMPO bumper reduces weight in this area which is most important part of the NSX to improve handling. This makes the car much more nimble, predictable, and reduces the uneasy mid-engine feel of the car.

STMPO Front Chassis Brace - $300 Shipped

STMPO-FXMDFCB.jpg

The STMPO Race Products NSX Front Chassis Reinforcement Bar replaces the heavy OEM steel tie down brackets with laser cut steel replica's welded to a 1 1/2 " chromoly tube in between for a more ridged front chassis. This bar improves rigidity up front without the additional weight since we replicated the OEM tie down brackets a bit thinner to make up for the light weight chromoly bar. OEM bolts and mounting locations are reused. Installation is easy but does require minor cuts to be made to the plastic air dam in front for exact fitment.

This bar is a one-piece welded construction which is far stronger than some competing 3-6 piece "adjustable bolt-on" systems that have bent aluminum pieces. This is the real deal in added chassis reinforcement.

"When it comes to chassis or strut tower braces, one-piece designs are far more effective than hinged or multiple piece braces. The STMPO FCB effectively ties the two framerails together and improves front-end response and rigidity" - Billy Johnson

The STMPO NSX Front Chassis Reinforcement Bar is Made in the USA and is welded and finished by the owners request. STMPO fabricates and finishes all products in house. If you would like a custom finish please send us a PM and we will get back to you. The current finishes avaiable are as follows...

The Bar itself - Berlina Black, GP White, Powder Grey, Protected Steel (clear coated) and Grinded Steel (also clear coated for protection)

The Emblem - Berlina Black, GP White, Powder Grey, Red, Silver, Protected Steel (clear coated) and Grinded Steel (also clear coated for protection)

STMPO Rear Strut Tower Brace - $550 Shipped

STMPO-FXMDRSTB.jpg

The STMPO Race Products NSX Targa Rear Strut Tower is Made in the USA and replaces the existing OEM strut tower brackets and strut tower.

This brace greatly improves chassis rigidity and reduces cowl shake by tying together the rear shock towers to the front firewall. The engine bay is the biggest void in the NSX and this product stiffens one of the most important parts of the car.

"From a materials stand point, this brace is like a bolt-in roll cage that ties the biggest and probably most stressed void in the NSX -that holds the engine, transmission, and rear suspension pickup points. Improving the rigidity in the center of the car can breathe new life into our older cars" - Billy Johnson

Features:

- One-piece design for increased rigidity over braces with bolts and pivots.
- Hand-crafted using 4130 1 1/2 " .065 wall chromoly tubing
- Replaces the OEM brackets and strut bar
- Tig welded with ER 308L stainless steel rod for strength
- Custom finishes available

Custom finishes are available for an additional 75.00 (our cost at the body shop). "Standard" finishes are: Black, White, Red, or Silver.

STMPO-FXMD Race Series Oil Pan Baffle - $45 Shipped - Still Available

STMPO-FXMDBaffle2.jpg

STMPO-FXMDBaffle.jpg

STMPO-FXMDOilBafflediagram.jpg

The STMPO Race Products-FXMD Race Series Oil Pan Baffle is Made in the USA out of lazer-cut steel and reduces oil starvation.

The NSX's oil pan has no baffling from the factory and it is known to have oil starvation in a stock car.

The STMPO baffle is designed with thin slots that allow oil to drain back into the sump without restriction while greatly reducing and slowing down the oil from escaping the pickup and pooling in the upper 'ledge'. The tolerances of this baffle are very tight which ensures a good seal with the pan to keep the oil where it needs to be.

"Since it is possible to have oil starvation in a stock car on street tires, an oil pan baffle is probably the best investment you can make to ensure the safety of your motor for both street or track use. The cost of this $45 baffle (plus needed labor to drop the pan and weld it in) is more than worth the value of your $10-25K stock or built motor. I highly recommend this to anyone who tracks their car and feel its a great investment for any NSX owner" - Billy Johnson

We offer the baffle by itself (you have to have it welded to the pan). STMPO also offers the installed baffle (welded to your OEM pan) for $119.95 (core charge is not included).

FX Motorsports Development and STMPO Race Products look forward to bring more products to and further serve the NSX community. We both have greatly appreciated all of your business in the past and to all of those who have supported us over the years. Since we are in crunch time to get the car ready for Australia, any support from these purchases will not only bring value and performance to your own vehicle through our extensive testing, but will also support our efforts to represent the NSX community and the United States.

Thank you,

Billy Johnson

Last edited:
Thank you all for your orders and your support! The oil pan baffle has quickly become a popular item (and one that I think is very important). Don't forget the aluminum rear bumper! I think this is one of the best new products ever made for the NSX. It drops a lot of weight while improving the handling/predictability of the NSX.

Whats your paypal address I would like to pick up the oil pan baffle.
Send paypal to:

[email protected]

Thank you,

Billy

New photo upload for the rear bumper.

STMPO Aluminum Rear Bumper - $360 Shipped

STMPOrearbumper.jpg

The STMPO Race Products NSX Lightweight Aluminum Rear Bumper Beam is
Made in the USA and is superior to the other replacement beams on the market and is a direct bolt on replacement of the factory rear beam. It retains the original length that keeps the foam in the rear bumper cover, retaining the factory spec 5 mph bumper benefit. All OEM hardware mounting points (license plate, rear valence) are in tact and all OEM hardware is resused. This is a BOLT-IN piece. No fabrication necessary.

This replacement beam weighs a total of 8.8 lbs, and is much lighter than both the original factory steel beam as well as the aluminum beam used in the later models.

OEM 1991 Steel Rear Bumper - 23.7 Pounds
STMPO Aluminum Rear Bumper - 8.8 Pounds
Weight Reduction - 14.9 Pounds
<o></o>
"Whether your NSX is a track toy or your weekend-driven street car, there is no reason not to buy the STMPO Aluminum Bumper. This has to be one of the most underrated products for the NSX because of the substantial performance benefits and improved 'feel' it gives on track.. I was ecstatic to have this on my personal car." - Billy Johnson

This bumper reduces the weight of your car, improving gas mileage, handling, braking, and acceleration, any weight reduction is huge and it's hard to beat this bumpers weight reduction per dollar.

This bumper also reduces the Polar-moment of the NSX. The NSX has a long rear overhang with a very heavy OEM rear bumper. Porsches are known to be 'edgy' at the limit because all of the weight out back. The STMPO bumper reduces weight in this area which is most important part of the NSX to improve handling. This makes the car much more nimble, predictable, and reduces the uneasy mid-engine feel of the car.

Do you (or anyone) know where the NSX's center of gravity actually is? I know it would be a mess to try to figure out the physics behind this, just curious more than anything.

Is it as "safe" as the OEM part? I assume they made it out of steel for safety reasons since it's an aluminum car?

STMPO is going to bankrupt me :D

Do you (or anyone) know where the NSX's center of gravity actually is? I know it would be a mess to try to figure out the physics behind this, just curious more than anything.
The NSX has a 40/60 weight distribution. From that and looking at the main components of weight (driver, gas tank, engine, transmission) you can guestimate the COG ~around the driver.

As far as the STMPO bumper goes, the major issue is the car's polar moment/moment of inertia. The NSX is well designed with the majority of the heavy components between the wheel centerlines, but there is a heavy steel bumper that sticks out the back of the car.

Imagine holding a bowling ball out infront of you with straight arms and then try to spin in circles. Now hold a lighter basketball and do the same thing. The lighter aluminum STMPO bar is more like the basketball, it rotates quicker and is easier to control than the bowling ball. Once you get the bowling ball going, its hard to stop and slow it down (imagine oversteer in the car - especially in a Porsche).

Reducing weight at the extreme ends of the car greatly improves the response, predictability, and performance of a car. Keeping the weight close to the center of the car (like holding a bowling ball close to your chest when spinning) is much more controllable than having one at arm's length out in front of you.

Replace the steel bowling-ball rear bumper with the STMPO aluminum basket-ball rear bumper!

Is it as "safe" as the OEM part? I assume they made it out of steel for safety reasons since it's an aluminum car?

STMPO is going to bankrupt me :D
As far as safety goes, later model NSX's came from the factory with Aluminum bumpers. The STMPO bumper is still lighter than later model factory aluminum bumpers.

Billy

As far as safety goes, later model NSX's came from the factory with Aluminum bumpers. The STMPO bumper is still lighter than later model factory aluminum bumpers.

by how much lighter are the stmpo bumper than the later model factory aluminum bumper?

thanks

by how much lighter are the stmpo bumper than the later model factory aluminum bumper?

thanks
I have not personally weighed a factory aluminum bumper but according to Ross:

I don't want to answer this with direct numbers with decimals...ect...ect..ect

to many people google data even though I have digital scale readings..

I can tell you this... my beam weighs 8.8lbs... which is 10 lbs or more lighter than the 97+ rear beam...

Regards

Thank you all for your orders. Many oil pan baffles and rear strut tower braces have been shipped!

Back