• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sweaty hands, and proper shoes.

OK, a little embarrassing, but my hands sweat sometimes. This has proved to be a problem especially when driving is a little "spirited" as I have to grab the steering wheel really tight or risk slipping during maneuvers. I've remedied this by wearing driving gloves.

Thing is that I don't want to be that guy who drives a sports car and therefore driving gloves to complete the look. Plus, my hands turn black from the leather after a while. Anyone else have this problem and found a remedy other than having to wear gloves?

Second part of my question is shoes. I think I need better shoes. I wear hikers primarily, but realize that this may not be the best when driving the NSX in which the pedals are set closely together. I've looked at driving shoes and the Piloti Rallye may be closest to what I'm used to and doesn't look too much like driving shoes (which is important to me too). Anyone have input on these or other Piloti shoes? I've read that they're just marginal as driving shoes.

I've looked at some of the Puma shoes, but they're a little "wild" for me. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! :)

PRO6-2.jpg

CDX_NSX said:
OK, a little embarrassing, but my hands sweat sometimes.

ok, so i don't mean to hijack your thread, but when i originally clicked on the thread an ad from these folks was visible at the top of the page http://www.hyperhidrosis.com

i realize everyone's hands sweat from time to time, so this may not be a **massive** problem for you... i don't know if it applies to you; otoh it may be worth reviewing

(sorry i don't have other suggestions :(

best.

LOL! I just scrolled up and noticed the same ad too! Thanks, I'll read through it to see what it's about. :)

Still open to opinions and suggestions though. :D

There is a prescription antiperspirant called Drysol. You will have to re-apply it occasionally depending how bad the sweating is, probably about once per month. This will help you.

good luck

Thanks, I'll look into Drysol. My hands don't sweat constantly, nor very badly, but has been a problem when driving the NSX. No problems when driving my other cars though.

Pascal, the Puma Mostro leather does look like a possibilty too. What are their intended purpose though. Not sure what they mean by "lifestyle". :)

"Thanks, I'll look into Drysol. My hands don't sweat constantly, nor very badly, but has been a problem when driving the NSX. "

you can wear gloves when you drive your nsx, no problem -- but do you wear gloves when you go out on a date?? :)

old_S13 said:
"Thanks, I'll look into Drysol. My hands don't sweat constantly, nor very badly, but has been a problem when driving the NSX. "

you can wear gloves when you drive your nsx, no problem -- but do you wear gloves when you go out on a date?? :)
Not really a problem in that department. ;) Like I mentioned, it really isn't constant nor very bad.

While playing golf on hot days, I use a product called DryGrip. It's excellent at kepping my hands free of sweat.

And to the shoes question - I have a hard time driving my NSX with most shoes. I have one pair of tennis shoes that work okay, and a pair of Piloto's that I really like. In fact, I wear them many days even when not driving the NSX, such as today. :smile:

Attachments

• Piloti.jpg
    Piloti.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 229
i can't help but make two comments, then i'm done on this thread :)

* when i was a newby salesman (back roughly before lassie was born), when i went on sales calls i (naturally) would have to wait in the lobby area before getting in to see my prospect. at those times, my hands would sweat like i had a hose running down my sleeve - it was horrible. i went through waaaay too many handkerchiefs in those early days. phew!

* it looks like lud's indexing/google ad work is paying off - clearly, subject matter and banner ad appearance are related. beer is on lud the next time we're all together ;)

be well.

Well as for the hands sweating, I don't have that problem, therefore no solution....

However, for the shoes, I totally understand. I have found that a good ole pair of Chuck Taylor "Converse" low tops are perfect. And when you find them on sale at Mervyns, there like 25 bucks.

Old school.... :cool:

You know, I noticed that my hands were sweaty on my way home from Bridgewater NSX day. I never had this problem going to New York City in my minivan. Maybe that was because I always had climate control on in the van. I had my roof off in the NSX that day.
Try turning up the A/C.

Interesting. I actually haven't worn canvas shoes in at least 20 years. :D I have noticed Converse mentioned as a choice in some of the other shoe threads though. Hmm.. I'll look into them, thanks! :)

fannsx said:
You know, I noticed that my hands were sweaty on my way home from Bridgewater NSX day. I never had this problem going to New York City in my minivan. Maybe that was because I always had climate control on in the van. I had my roof off in the NSX that day.
Try turning up the A/C.
Yeah, if I keep my A/C on and my palms relatively open, I can keep them pretty dry. It appears to be more of an issue when in spirited driving and my hands are tight on the steering wheel.

Another thing I've noticed in the NSX is that the sun hits the steering wheel pretty nicely. I'm going to be putting a clear film on my windshield to see if the cooling down of that area will help.

Back