• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tampa Area, Exotic Car owners: Drive this weekend: Sunday Febuary 24th

Tampa Area Exotic Car Drive: Sunday, February 24th. 12pm.

Hello,

I am planning a spirited, scenic drive Sunday afternoon. We will meet at the mall and take I-275 North to exit 54 and drive the roads out there.

Date: Sunday, February 24th
Time: 12PM SHARP (Fueled and ready to drive!)
Meet: Westshore Plaza:
210 Westshore Plz, Tampa, FL (Infront of Saks 5th Avenue)
(813) 243-4955
Directions http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...485370&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Please feel free to email me back

Please PM me for my cell phone number.
I look forward to seeing everyone very soon and enjoying a great drive!

***Event canceled if weather does not permit***

Video from last drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLNnibwHmSY

Please respond so I may have a head count*********

Thanks,

Dave Lynes

I'd like to go. I need to go for a nice drive. Does anyone know any good routes heading south? Maybe towards Sarasota.

Im not sure of routes towards sarasota off top of my head, but id like to plan a drive there soon.

Im still trying to figure out the roads we go on, but i gotta say...when we find them, theyre awesome!!

I went on one cruise that started at I-75 and Gibsonton and ended at the Linger Lodge in Sarasota. The drive quality of the route was okay. Not as good as you get if you go north to Dade City area, but not bad. I don't have a map, but could probably put it together from memory.

One thing, on that last cruise we had a little drama where an S2000 spun into a fence. No major damage done but it was adjacent to a rural residential area and locals weren't happy with us (and I can't say I blame them). My comfort level on these cruises has gone down when I don't know how well scouted the drive is.

I went on one cruise that started at I-75 and Gibsonton and ended at the Linger Lodge in Sarasota. The drive quality of the route was okay. Not as good as you get if you go north to Dade City area, but not bad. I don't have a map, but could probably put it together from memory.

One thing, on that last cruise we had a little drama where an S2000 spun into a fence. No major damage done but it was adjacent to a rural residential area and locals weren't happy with us (and I can't say I blame them). My comfort level on these cruises has gone down when I don't know how well scouted the drive is.

Iv been putting rides together since the first month I purchased my car. I organized a drive in west palm beach with some fellow fcar, nsx, and lotus friends. A lotus owner flipped his car going sa fast as 115mph. He lost control on a straight away, tried to correct it and needless to say, over corrected it and ended up a few hundred feet in the grass. luckly it was very high, soft grass. took 4 ppl to flip it back over, was amazed at how minor the damage was...flipped it over, started it back up and went home.

back to what matters ;)

Tampa Area Exotic Car Drive: Sunday, February 24th. 12pm.

Hello,

I am planning a spirited, scenic drive Sunday afternoon. We will meet at the mall and take I-275 North to exit 54 and drive the roads out there.

Date: Sunday, February 24th
Time: 12PM SHARP (Fueled and ready to drive!)
Meet: Westshore Plaza:
210 Westshore Plz, Tampa, FL (Infront of Saks 5th Avenue)
(813) 243-4955
Directions http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...m=1&c t=image

Please feel free to email me back

Please PM me for my cell phone number.
I look forward to seeing everyone very soon and enjoying a great drive!

***Event canceled if weather does not permit***

Video from last drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLNnibwHmSY

Please respond so I may have a head count*********

Thanks,

Dave Lynes

Awesome drive, great roads, rain held off couldnt ask for anything else.

3 nsx, 355 f1 and 350z.

thanks for coming out!

Back