• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

testing: the QWKSLVR project

I acquired this '91 Sebring back in March and have slowly been restoring & modifying it. The exterior was completely stock, complete w/ the ugly ass 15/16's. The front & rear bumper covers were damaged, but the rest of the body panels were pristine. This was meant to be my project/ beater exotic as I got rid of my former NSX, which was heavily modded to buy a Porsche 996 C2 w/ factory aero kit. I got a good deal on this one & just couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately w/ the Porsche as its stable mate, I've been working on a shoestring budget as I am trying to get this NSX back to par using used & existing parts. I'm about done and just wanted to post a pic of the "new" exterior makeover. All it needs is tint. I repaired the bumper covers, installed a full Wings West kit, TSW Thruxtons 18/19's (getting rid of soon), 225 & 275 Nitto Extreme 555's, S2000 antenna, painted calipers. The NSX came w/ a few goodies: JDM short gears, DC headers, Dali dual canister exhaust, Tien RA's, sway bars, slotted rotors, stainless brake lines.
3995DSC00367-med.JPG

In the engine compartment, I decided to go mild and just did the Dali fuse cover, coolant tank, oil cap, Okuyama strut bar all in a matte finish. The engine manifold cover was painted a Chevy red/ orange that ended up looking like the General Lee and I topped it off w/ a SOS engine plate in CF.
I will soon cut the engine cover & insert a lexan window in the center section.
3995DSC00390-med.JPG

The interior also received treatment. I went w/ the SOS CF gauge cluster bezel and removed & painted the gauge rings in a matte aluminum finish. The center console was refabricated to accomodate a matching SOS CF single din trim plate to fit my Alpine head unit. I added a billet SOS rapid shift knob, type r boot, Autovation billet race pedals & new floor mats to complete the revamp. Lastly, the UPS man just dropped off a JL sub w/ a custom fiberglass enclosure & Alpine V12 amp that will finish off the system. I think that will about wrap up this project NSX- for now!
3995DSC00379-med.JPG

3995DSC00382-med.JPG

3995DSC00374-med.JPG

Parting shot!
3995DSC00404-med.JPG

Last edited:
looks great!!!:cool:
Love the color:tongue:

more pics please....

Hey, you should come meet up with some of the crossroadonline.com crew! We have two NSX's in our group, both modded, one black and mine(red). Tonight we are meeting at the Fuddruckers in Fairfax on Rt.50 at 7pm and this Sunday we are cruising down to a seafood restaurant somewhere along the Potomac River. Really good group of mature(to an extent!) guys!

Nihilation said:
Hey, you should come meet up with some of the crossroadonline.com crew! We have two NSX's in our group, both modded, one black and mine(red). Tonight we are meeting at the Fuddruckers in Fairfax on Rt.50 at 7pm and this Sunday we are cruising down to a seafood restaurant somewhere along the Potomac River. Really good group of mature(to an extent!) guys!

Can't make it tonite, but I'll see about Sunday, which restaurant? Phillips? or how about the Georgetown waterfront, Tony & Joe's, Sequoia?

The car looks GREAT! Especially for a so called "beater"!
A lot of folks would kill to have a car like that.
The gauge cluster and streo trim compliment eachother well.
You had better put some gas in that thing soon though! :biggrin:

NICE JOB!!

Nate in DC

QWKSLVR said:
Can't make it tonite, but I'll see about Sunday, which restaurant? Phillips? or how about the Georgetown waterfront, Tony & Joe's, Sequoia?

Actually it's Tim's RiverShore Restaurant and Crabhouse. We're leaving from a meeting location off of Edsall Rd/395 at 1pm...

QWKSLVR said:
Edsall east or west, which lot?

5440 Cherokee Ave. It's the first light(at the BP) you take a right, then another immediate right at the following light and the lot will be on the left side as the road bends left about an 1/8th mile afterward intersection.

Back