• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ThaiT NSX Build Thread! (Rice included)

Hi Everyone!

Before I state I know some people will not like my taste in modding the nsx and I'm fine with that =]. Im going to try to keep this thread updated for myself to keep track of my build as i love to go back and remember the stuff i did to it!

I purchased the car in August earlier this year. Since then it had been a rollercoaster and a money pit! I always love messing with car and love doing DIY mods to it when i have the time

I purchased the car without the original wheels as the seller gave me a discount if i didn't want them (95 OEM wheels) so the first thing was transferring my Desmond Regamaster Marques Promada from my S2000 over to my NSX
This was the first picture it had with its old sister (my old s2000 which is now sold to a good friend of mine, highly regret selling it)
IMG_20150807_142912.jpg

I had Recaors Pole Position from my old s2000 that i took off knowing i want it to go into my next car ways ahead of its time. Probably the most comfortable bucket seats ever! Here it is when it was clean and getting ready to be installed
20150723_205952.jpg

Soon after that i missed having a gigantic wing front my old S2000 which is why I purchased a Voltex Type 7 1600mm Wing. I always liked the center mount look which is why I went with a Type 7. Drilling into the trunk was scary at first but after the first hole, it was at a point of no return.
b.jpg

After that I the car was lowered on BC Racing Coilovers and a wings west front lip was added
Which ultimately makes the car look like this
12233193_10153325364661847_2111481733_n.jpg

12270162_10153325361481847_1786762720_n.jpg

Heres my mod list (off my head that I can remember)
Interior:
-2x Recaro Pole Position in Velour Red
-2x Buddyclub Seat Rails
-Moddiction Anvil Brushed Shift Knob
-Worksbell Short Hub
-NRG Quick Release
-J's Racing 320mm Steering Wheel (Weekend)
-Nardi 320mm Sport Deep Corn (Daily)
-NSX-R Horn Button
-Roll Cage (Not installed yet)

Audio:
-JDM Navigation Pod
-Nexus 7 2013 Tablet LTE 32GB
-Pioneer 8100NEX Double Din GPS headunit
-Footwell Subwoofer w/ Earthquake Sub (Not installed yet)

Suspensions/wheels:
-(12/23/2015) Desmond Regamaster Marques Promada 17x8 17x9
-BC Racing BR+ Coilover 11k/9k Spring rates

Motor/Exhaust:
-K&N Intake
-DaliRacing Ironside with Integral Catch Can (not installed yet)
-Taitec JGTC Center Exit Exhaust (not installed yet)

Exterior/Lighting:
-Voltex Type 7 1600mm Carbon Fiber Wing
-Wings West Lip Kit (Rear and side not installed yet)
-6k HID Headlight kit, 3k bulbs fogs
-Custom Cleared out Turnsignals with switchback bulbs
-Custom Rear LED Honda Emblem
-Custom LED License Plate Light
-Avery Satin Pearlescent White Vinyl Wrap (not installed yet)

All in all this car is far from done but its getting to the position where I will be content with it. Finally glad to join the nsx community as i have been a member here since 2007!

PS Thanks to all the Socal guys for the warm welcome that i have met these past few month =]

Last edited:
do you have any reservations about how solid the rear wing mounts will be ? I'd put a sticker on the wing saying don't pull on wing..or non load bearing ...lol....:wink:

looks super badass bud!
Thanks sir !

do you have any reservations about how solid the rear wing mounts will be ? I'd put a sticker on the wing saying don't pull on wing..or non load bearing ...lol....:wink:

The mount I used the original voltex bottom mount, as for the reinforcement, i made 2 12gage full steel plates that is on the under side of the trunk to reinforce that area. Im 100% sure without those backing plate the aluminum trunk would bend like no other lol

gotcha, good thinking...

Back