• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

That's it I'm askin it... Toe negative vs. positive

I have asked around and there are several people who don't know also....

Negative = toe in
Positive = toe out

Is this correct? Just want to make sure i'm thinking the right terms.

thanks,
x

Use toe in and toe out. In all my years of racing and general car enthusiasm and wrenching, this is the only place where I have ever heard toe refered to as positive or negative. It's just confusing to people who are not used to this anomoly which exists only on this forum, so try to squash it. Camber and Caster can be positive or negative. Let toe be in or out.

Last edited:
whenever we show alignment specs we show -.07 or +.10

which way is which?

x

- = out (e.g. your front wheels)
+ = in (e.g. your rear wheels)

I personally refer to it as "in" or "out" but I dont see what the big deal is. If you refer to camber as "positive" or "negative" it's the same thing, just referring to the +/- of the numbers off the alignment sheet.

I prefer to say toe in or out but whenever I read this stuff online I just want to know which way is which when I'm reading it.

x

Well, not that I've got any 'formal' training; but lots of busted knuckles :tongue: :
negative equals less total toe :: toe-in / \
positive equals more total toe :: toe-out \ /

Last edited:
positive toe in

negative toe out

I am currently experimenting with the 1991 OEM alignment settings for track purposes...it is a black art...

the nsxnut said:
Well, not that I've got any 'formal' training; but lots of busted knuckles :tongue: :
negative equals less total toe :: toe-in / \
positive equals more total toe :: toe-out \ /

You are backwards. Just check the NSX factory settings and you will see that the front is negative (out) and the rear is postive (in):

Front total toe: -3.5mm (+/- 1mm)
Rear total toe: 6mm (+/- 1mm)

Last edited:
I knew I wasn't going crazy. :biggrin:

x

Back