• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The 95/96 might be the least desired, but i love mine LOL

Thanks for the advice about the post heat. I will be sure to do that. Nothing more annoying than surface lift at the edges. It already looks like an amateur job, I don't need more evidence. haha!

Any reasons why you did not wrap the intake vents? Were you going for a particular look?

If I have more questions, I will find you on instagram or PM you. I do not want to be rude and hijack your build page.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the advice about the post heat. I will be sure to do that. Nothing more annoying than surface lift at the edges. It already looks like an amateur job, I don't need more evidence. haha!

Any reasons why you did not wrap the intake vents? Were you going for a particular look?

If I have more questions, I will find you on instagram or PM you. I do not want to be rude and hijack your build page.

Keep up the great work.
i only had 2 simple reasons why i left the vents black - one was i just like the way it makes the vent area look larger, and two was cuz its hard to wrap. LOL

but yeah, let me know anytime if you have any questions and want to know if there are any tips if you run in to questions on how to wrap certain parts of the car

Great start to your build thread so far man! Props on doing the wrap yourself, looks like a hell of a lot of work. I helped a buddy install clear bra on his front bumper and if that was a total PITA I can't even begin to imagine wrapping the entire car haha.

Great start to your build thread so far man! Props on doing the wrap yourself, looks like a hell of a lot of work. I helped a buddy install clear bra on his front bumper and if that was a total PITA I can't even begin to imagine wrapping the entire car haha.

thanks man! i tried to install a clear bra before and i felt like that was actually harder than vinyl wrapping lol.

got my GarageKite rear spats delivered to me about a month ago, after waiting for about 5-6 months from them directly. anyway, after sitting in my garage for about a month, i finally got around to wrapping them to match the car. man, i forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to wrap corners ugh.

installation went smoothly and easily. quality of the spats themselves is actually great but the fitment i would say is about 7/10. installation instructions had like 6 photos (looked like old school color photo copies lol) and all in japanese. the process is very straightforward, but the measurements i couldnt figure out exactly so i just kinda followed the photos and kinda had to do my own measuring and fitment - mainly for just one bracket on each side.

anyway i think it ended up looking pretty good and a nice update to my pre-02 rear.

IMG_7854.jpg

Hey nice car, man. Wrap looks good in the pics, too :) How is the instrument cluster working out? BTW, whats the part number of that euro accord knob? Is it the same thread etc?

Cheers

Hey nice car, man. Wrap looks good in the pics, too :) How is the instrument cluster working out? BTW, whats the part number of that euro accord knob? Is it the same thread etc?

Cheers
thanks man! the S2K cluster is awesome, i love it! johan's kit is truly plug-n-play and installation went super smooth and easy.

the accord euro r shiftknob screws right on and feels great. reminds me exactly of the ITR knob i used to have in my integra back in the days. im pretty sure almost all hondas use the same thread/pitch for the manual shift knobs.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the feedback on the S2K cluster. I've been thinking about that for a while...I'll have to drop some hints for my wife to pick up one for me birfday!
Do you have the part # for the shift knob you got? I tried google, but all I got was useless shill and penis enlargement ads.

Cheers

@8R6, any info on the BBK? It fits the OEM 16" wheels...so i'd definitely be interested in purchasing these at some point.
the RB kit came with the car when i bought it, but so far i love they way they feel. i cant really say how they are compared directly to stock brakes, but they do look great and the VERY FEW times i pushed the car hard, there was minimal brake fade. one note with the OEM 16" fronts, it only fits with at least a 5mm spacer.

Cool, thanks for the feedback on the S2K cluster. I've been thinking about that for a while...I'll have to drop some hints for my wife to pick up one for me birfday!
Do you have the part # for the shift knob you got? I tried google, but all I got was useless shill and penis enlargement ads.

Cheers
i dont have the part number on me right now, but i can find it when i get home after work tonight.

the RB kit came with the car when i bought it, but so far i love they way they feel. i cant really say how they are compared directly to stock brakes, but they do look great and the VERY FEW times i pushed the car hard, there was minimal brake fade. one note with the OEM 16" fronts, it only fits with at least a 5mm spacer.

Good to know. Do you have any idea what part number you have installed?

Cheers
Here are the part numbers for the accord euro r shift knob:
54102-S0A-Z00

Locking nut:
90310-ST7-Z00

Also, here's a short video clip i made after installing test pipes, but you can see the gauge cluster turn on/off and rev (starts around the 2:55 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-1eiQ1bQOI&t=175s

update:

Got a smoking deal on a GT.one V4 exhaust for my car. Wasn't really planning on getting a different exhaust so soon as I just got the straight pipes not too long ago, but couldn't pass on the deal.

Install of the gt1 was super straight forward and easy. It's amazing to me how the sound of the exhaust completely changes the experience of driving the car for me. Before it was a pretty mild rumble and engine sounded decently healthy, but now with the new exhaust the car has a mean bark at cold start and just screams when on the throttle hard. At cruising speeds tho with steady throttle, there is no drone at all and even ALMOST sounds quiet actually. The ARK DT-X exhaust that was on the car from previous owners was definitely lighter than the oem exhaust, but the gt1 is even way lighter than the ARK. That also helped make the install really easy when you're lying on the ground by yourself in the garage lol. Sold the ARK exhaust to another prime member just a couple of weeks ago. Thanks prime!

Here's a video of the sound clip below. Starts around the 3:00 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2...dex=3&list=PLV_T6lrUHG7zKsHmXJSi2miqj7WEYgrDG

Back